Humboldt Holding Up
Fudge Pops and Barn Tunes with Dick Taylor Chocolate/Huck Flint's Adam Dick
How’s this heatwave been treating you? Rough stuff, right? But have you had to worry about thousands of pounds of your precious chocolate melting down? No! That’s likely because you are not Adam Dick, one of the founders of Humboldt-based Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate. Lucky you!
Adam was kind enough to step away from potential “chocolate catastrophe” to Zoom with us from his Eureka factory as part of this week’s edition of Humboldt Holding Up, LoCO’s ramshackle podcast-ish series featuring local people sharing their pandemic-era experiences. We’re talkin’ fudge pops, people! Get pumped.
But classy chocolate isn’t the only goodness Adam is putting out into the world. He and his bandmates in Huckleberry Flint — one of Humboldt’s most enduring and revered musical institutions — just this weekend released a virtual concert to celebrate the efforts of the Northcoast Regional Land Trust. Shelter-in-place restrictions prevented the group from staging this year’s benefit show for NCRLT, so the group has taken the toe-tappin’ online.
Tune in for the music below and/or hear Adam’s chat with LoCO’s Stephanie McGeary and Andrew Goff by clicking the audio player above. Also scroll farther down for a list of previous Humboldt Holding Up guests.
OTHER HUMBOLDT HUMANS TALKING:
- FUHS Teachers Mark Thom and Inma Thompson
- Eureka City Manager Miles Slattery
- Savage Henry Co-Founder Chris Durant
- Eureka Street Art Festival Organizer Jenna Catsos
- SCRAP Humboldt Founder Tibora Bea
- Gym Owner Tyler Parr
- Six Rivers Brewery Co-Owner Meredith Maier
- Multicutural Skincare Therapist Levia Love
- Annie’s Cambodian Server and Social Worker Joshua Coppock
- Eureka City Councilmember Austin Allison
- HSU Professor Deidre Pike
- Pastor Bethany Cseh
- Singer/Songwriter Chris Parreira
- Eureka City Councilmember Leslie Castellano
- Arcata City Councilmember Paul Pitino
Listen to this episode
blog comments powered by Disqus