WEED FEED / John Ross Ferrara / Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019 @ 11:02 a.m.
Weed Feed: CBS Says No to Medical Marijuana Super Bowl Ad
CBS has rejected a pro medical marijuana Super Bowl commercial on the grounds that the company doesn’t accept any marijuana-related ads.
USA Today reports that the cannabis company Acreage Holdings submitted a Super Bowl commercial featuring three medical marijuana patients giving testimonies about the medicinal benefits of the drug.
“We’re not particularly surprised that CBS rejected the content,” Acreage Holdings president George Allen told USA Today. “And that is actually less a statement about them and more — we think — a statement about where we stand right now in this country.”
Variety reports that a 30-second ad for this year’s Super Bowl can cost between $5.1 and $5.3 million dollars.
The Weed Feed is a weekly column written by John Ross Ferrara.
The Weed Feed is a one-stop shop for the best local and national cannabis news.
Each week, original content will be posted to the page, as well as various other stories from around the country.
These aggregated stories are organized into six separate sections. The News (basic news), The Biz (financial news), The Life (features), The Game (sports), The Fame (celebrity), and the Grub (food).
The Humboldt Chronicles
- Measure S Suspension
- A Conversation With Mark Lovelace
- Co-Ops And Competitiveness
- A Look At Distribution
- August 18 Show
- July 21 Show
- June 16 Show
- May 19 Show
From the Outpost
- (PHOTOS) ‘SUSPEND MEASURE S’: Humboldt Cannabis Community Rallies For Financial Relief From Cultivation Taxes
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: A Falling Tide Sinks All Ships
- Supervisors Split Over Whether Planning Commission Should Tighten Cannabis Rules for Generators, Water Use and Roads
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Can Industrial Hemp Save the Planet?
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Legacy Farmers
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Cannabis Taxes and the Illicit Market
- THE CANNABIS CONVERSATION: Right Now, the Economic Outlook for Humboldt County Seems Pretty Bleak
- ‘It’s Upside Down’: Rio Dell Mayor Calls For California Cannabis Tax System Reform
- Cannabis Law Report: Burns & Levinson Expands National Cannabis Business Law Practice With Two Lateral Hires
- Cannabis Law Report: Clark Hill Launch Cannabis Law Podcast
- Leafly: 3CHI is off to the races sponsoring Tyler Reddick in the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series
- Leafly: Sustainable cannabis brands to support in 2022
- Wikileaf: Hindu Kush: The Original Cannabis Strain?
- High Times News: Cannabis Companies Target Teens on Social Media, Study Claims
- Leafly: What are the potential risks of microdosing psychedelics?
- High Times News: South Dakota Governor Demands Cannabis Advocates Cover Legal Costs
- High Times News: Organization Launches NFT Collaboration for Cannabis Industry Reform
- The Emerald Magazine : The Efficacy of CBD: What the Research Shows us so far