Andrew Goff / Tuesday, March 20 @ 2:16 p.m. / Community Services
In the Dead of Night, Sector Humboldt Bay Rescues Two Crab Fisherman Stranded Aboard 100-Year-Old Boat Five Miles Out to Sea
Sector Humboldt Bay does it again! United States Coast Guard release below:
The Coast Guard assisted two Dungeness crab fishermen aboard a 40-foot commercial fishing vessel approximately five miles west of Trinidad, Monday night.
The crew aboard the 100-year-old vessel, Radiant, contacted Coast Guard Sector Humboldt Bay watchstanders via VHF-FM channel 16 around 11 p.m., reporting that their vessel was experiencing electrical and propulsion issues.
Sector Humboldt Bay personnel dispatched a Coast Guard Station Humboldt Bay 47-foot Motor Lifeboat crew to the scene to assist the vessel.
The Coast Guard crew placed the Radiant in a side tow around 1 a.m., Tuesday, and embarked on the three-hour transit to Woodley Island Marina in Eureka.
The Radiant was moored at the marina at approximately 5:30 a.m., Tuesday, with no reports of injuries.
# # #
PREVIOUS SECTOR HUMBOLDT BAY HEROICS:
- Some Folks Decided to Go Out a-Sailing During Weekend Storms, So Sector Humboldt Bay Rescued Their Sorry Asses
- Neither Rain, Nor Winds, Nor Mountains Tall Can Stop Coast Guard Badasses From Saving 88-Year-Old Dinsmore Woman
- (VIDEO) WATCH Sector Humboldt Bay Airlift Some Guy Stuck in the Mud Near Daby Island to Safety
- (VIDEO) Canoe Sinks Near Indian Island; Coast Guard Rescues Two Women and a Dog
- (VIDEO) Hiker Trapped on a Cliff Near Damnation Creek? This is a Job for Sector Humboldt Bay!
- Coast Guard Helivacs 79-Year-Old Woman With Injured Hip on the Banks of the Klamath
- Injured Sailor and Kid, Adrift at Sea With Broken Radio Gear, Rescued by Humboldt Bay Coast Guard Helicopter Crew
- 61-Year-Old Man Tumbles Down to the Beach at Patrick’s Point; Sector Humboldt Bay Conducts Helo Rescue
- More Coast Guard Badassery: Chopper, Night Vision Goggles Deployed to Save Man Stranded By Rising Eel River Waters
- Coast Guard Chopper Delivers Lunch to Stranded Boaters
- Injured Hiker Rescued From King Range Today by Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Rescues ‘Severely Dehydrated’ Lost Coast Hiker at Big Flat
- Local Coastie Receives Badass Honor
- Three Hikers Rescued by Coast Guard
- Sector Humboldt Bay Rescues Commercial Fishing Crew Taking on Water 8 Miles South of the Jetties
- (VIDEO) Four Sector Humboldt Bay Coasties Will Have Their Badassery Officially Recognized This Week