Trinity County Sheriff’s Office press release:
On November 2, 2019 at approximately 7:00 am, the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch Center, received a 911 call reporting a Home Invasion Robbery may be occurring in the area of Douglas City. Numerous Sheriff’s Office Deputies and Detectives responded to the scene, as did Officers with the California Highway Patrol.
Once on scene, it was determined that a robbery had not actually occurred. However, the residents saw several suspicious subjects in the area who appeared to be casing homes. Several weeks prior, two armed subjects were seen in the area and the residents thought they may have returned to rob them.
Law Enforcement Officials searched the area, located the reported suspect vehicle, and detained the sole occupant. A continued search yielded the discovery and detention of the remaining three suspects, who had been on foot and at various locations near the scene. During the investigation, it was discovered that the four suspects had burglarized a building and had also stolen growing Marijuana from an outdoor garden.
All subjects were arrested and transported to the Trinity County Jail.
- 459 PC-Burglary 487 PC-Grand Theft
- 182 PC: Conspiracy to Commit a Crime
- 11364 HS: Possession of Narcotics Paraphernalia
- 11350 HS: Possession of Controlled Substance
- Nelson, Joshua, of Shasta Lake City, CA, DOB: 3/2/1984
- Devine, Duncan, of Eureka, CA, DOB: 4/18/1988
- Wilson, Kenosha, of Redding, CA, DOB: 5/27/1991
- Davis, Clyde, of Redding, CA, DOB: 1/22/1987
Agencies involved: Trinity County Sheriff’s Office California Highway Patrol United States Forest Service
PREVIOUS DUNCAN DEVINE: