Protesters at the courthouse Friday evening
Two days after the Sacramento Bee published its investigation on the offensive group text messages shared between one squad of Eureka Police Department officers, a few dozen protesters gathered in front of the Humboldt County Courthouse to signal their disgust with the report and to demand that EPD Chief Steve Watson fire the officers responsible.
Review the protesters’ signage below.
- Sac Bee Investigation Details Vile Group Chat Among Members of One EPD Squad
- Officers Named in Sac Bee Article Placed on Administrative Leave; Chief Says Outside, Impartial Investigator Will be Brought In to Examine Hateful Group Texts
- Eureka Police Union: ‘Abhorrent’ Texts in Sac Bee Story ‘Do Not Reflect Character or Integrity’ of Most Officers
- Asm. Wood Reacts to Despicable Group Chat Among Members of a Eureka Police Department Squad
- Why Can’t They be Fired Immediately? EPD Chief Watson Speaks to the State Law That Prevents Local Agencies From Simply Terminating Bad Cops