Humboldt County Drug Task Force press release:
On Wednesday November 24th, 2021, the Humboldt County Drug Task Force (HCDTF), with the assistance of the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO), made a traffic stop on Donavan Baltzley (33 years old from Eureka) and Morgan Larkin (31 years old from Freshwater) as they entered Humboldt County on northbound Highway 101. The HCDTF had been investigating Baltzley and Larkin for trafficking fentanyl from the Bay Area into Humboldt County. Baltzley was the driver of the vehicle and is on active PRCS probation. Baltzley is also out of jail on bail from a recent HCSO arrest where he was located with a gun and fentanyl. Baltzley and Larkin were detained without incident.
Agents conducted a probation search of Baltzley’s vehicle, and they located the following evidence:
- 6 ounces of fentanyl (purple, pink, white, and green)
- 4 ounces of “pure” heroin
- 1 ounce of methamphetamine
- $10,050 of US currency
- Digital scale
The 6 ounces of fentanyl is the largest seizure of fentanyl in HCDTF history and has a local street value of approx. $25,000.
Baltzley and Larkin were both arrested and booked for the following charges:
- H&S 11352(b) Transportation of controlled substances across non-contiguous counties
- H&S 11352(a) Transportation of controlled substances for sale
- H&S 11351 Possession of controlled substances for sale
- H&S 11378 Possession of methamphetamine for sale
- H&S 11379(a) Transportation of methamphetamine for sale
- H&S 11379(b) Transportation of methamphetamine across non-contiguous counties
The HCDTF contacted a Humboldt County Superior Court Judge and requested a bail increase and source of bail funds hold on Baltzley pursuant to Penal Code sections 1269(c), 1270.1(e), and 1275.1. This request was made as a result of Baltzley’s repeated criminal behavior in Humboldt County. The order was granted and Baltzley’s bail was increased to $200,000.
Anyone with information related to this investigation or other narcotics related crimes are encouraged to call the Humboldt County Drug Task Force at 707-267-9976.
PREVIOUS DONAVAN BALTZLEY:
- Man Passed Out in Idling Vehicle Had Drugs, Counterfeit Cash and Loaded Firearms Inside, Sheriff’s Office Says
- Eureka Man Faces Six Years After Conviction on Multiple Weapons Charges
- Man Who Fled Arrest Last Month Picked Up With Weapons, Narcotics
- Sheriff’s Office Seeking Possibly Armed Eureka Man Who Fled From Deputy in Blue Lake
- Dog Killer Gets 5 Years