Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office press release:
On August 11, 2018, a correctional deputy working in the Humboldt County Correctional Facility received information that an inmate was possibly in possession of a weapon in their cell and had made threats to use the weapon on staff.
Due to the serious nature of the information, several correctional deputies stayed after their twelve-hour shift to help conduct a search of the unit where the weapon was allegedly hidden. By staying past their shift, the correctional deputies allowed normal jail functions to continue while this critical search took place.
Correctional deputies searched the entire unit and located a sharpened jail-issued spork in the cell of 20-year-old Joe Olivo III. The weapon was removed and Olivo was booked on additional charges of possession of a deadly weapon by a prisoner.
Olivio is currently in the Humboldt County Correctional Facility awaiting trial on suspicion of murder, among other charges.
PREVIOUS OLIVO III:
- HOMICIDE: Boy Found Stabbed Off McFarlan Street; EPD Investigating
- Fourteen-Year-Old Victim of Today’s Homicide
- Coroner Releases Information on This Week’s Two Violent Juvenile Deaths
- (UPDATE) Four Named in ‘Gang-Related’ 2014 Stabbing Death of 14-Year-Old Jesus Garcia-Romero
- Trial Date Set for Three Suspects in 2014 Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- JUDGE: Then-Teenage Murder Suspect Will be Tried as an Adult; Three Suspects in 2014 Killing of 14-Year-Old Boy Go to Trial Next Month