City of Rio Dell press release:
Fugitive Alma Berenice Ahumada‐Mendoza, wanted in connection to the 2019 murder of Johnny Renfro in the City of Rio Dell, has been taken into custody by Fargo City Police. The arrest occurred on January 29th. Ahumada evaded arrest during the capture of murder suspect Demetrius Coleman at the Bison Lodge in New Rockford, North Dakota on January 26th. Ahumada then made her way to Fargo, North Dakota by unknown means.
While in Fargo, Ahumada attempted to arrange a ride back to California. When Ahumada arrived for her ride, Fargo Police made the arrest.
Ahumada is currently in custody at a Fargo area jail and has waived any challenge to extradition. Ahumada is expected to return to California within the next ten days through transportation arranged by law enforcement.
Rio Dell Police Chief Jeff Conner is expected to depart Fargo and return to Humboldt County today.
- 26-Year-Old Man Shot and Killed on Monument Road in Rio Dell Last Night; Suspect Still at Large
- UPDATE: Rio Dell Police Name Victim of Last Night’s Shooting, Picture of Suspect Vehicle
- Your Facebook Sleuthing is Not Helping Solve That Rio Dell Homicide Case, Say Officials
- Police Believe They’ve Recovered Vehicle Used in Rio Dell Shooting Homicide; Person of Interest Named
- With One Suspect Arrested and One At Large, Rio Dell Police Chief Headed to North Dakota to Assist With Homicide Case