Lowdown for Friday, July 16
Humboldt Crabs vs. West Coast Kings
Arcata Ball Park / 7 p.m. / $10 / $4 kids 3-4
Take yourself out to the ballgame and watch your hometown heroes beat up on some lesser bums! With the lifting of social distancing and capacity restrictions, tickets are now general admission, but some elements of the process are still different than in previous years.
Web site /
Comedian Monica Nevi
Savage Henry Comedy Club / 9-11 p.m. / $25 / 21+
Monica has had the privilege of performing in the Bridgetown Comedy Festival, 208 Comedy Festival, Limestone Comedy Festival, Bumbershoot Music and Arts Festival and the Seattle International Comedy Competition.
845-8864 / Web site /
Dispersed Sand Sculpture Festival
Humboldt County / 10 a.m. / Free
During the Dispersed Sand Sculpture Festival, teams are invited to create sandy masterpieces on local beaches, send photos of their sand sculptures to Friends of the Dunes, post creations on social media, vote for their favorites, and be entered to win exciting prizes.
444-1397 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Pageant at the Playhouse
Arcata Playhouse / 10 a.m.-4 p.m. / $350
Pageant is back! We are bringing our long-standing Pageant tradition to the Arcata Playhouse. Children 9-15 are invited to join us for two weeks of learning, playing, and creating.
822-1575 / email@example.com / Web site /
Powers Creek Produce
See Event Description / 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Fresh Produce and Local Goods! We bring together fresh produce and farm products from Humboldt along with hand made confections.
firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Garberville Farmers’ Market
Garberville Town Square / 11 a.m.-3 p.m. / Free
The Garberville Farmers’ Market has the freshest produce around. All of our farmers grow what they sell in Humboldt County and are 100% GMO free! Stop by the Town Square to say hi to your friends and neighbors and pick up your groceries for the week. EBT accepted and Market Match is offered.
441-9999 / email@example.com / Web site /
Humboldt Dash & Splash-Canine Dock Diving
The Farm Store / 4-7 p.m. / $20 / $10 Dash & Splash members
At the old Farms Store 3956 Jacobs Avenue. Reservations required and can be made by calling Bobby.
498-2030 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Mad River Brewery Tasting Room / 6-8:30 p.m. / Free
Cadillac Ranch is back! Join us for boot stompin’ and live country rock music featuring smokin’ solos and three-part harmonies.
668-4151 / Web site /
- A PRIVATE MOVIE SCREENING: 1:00, 4:15, 7:30
- A QUIET PLACE PART II: 6:20
- BLACK WIDOW: 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, 6:30, 7:30, 8:30
- ESCAPE ROOM: TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS: 12:10, 2:50, 5:30, 8:10
- F9 THE FAST SAGA: 11:50, 3:50, 7:40
- ROADRUNNER: A FILM ABOUT ANTHONY BOURDAIN: 12:20, 3:40, 7:10
- SPACE JAM: A NEW LEGACY: 12:00, 1:00, 3:10, 4:10, 7:20
- THE BOSS BABY: FAMILY BUSINESS: 12:40, 3:30, 7:00
- THE FOREVER PURGE: 1:40, 4:50, 8:00
Mill Creek Cinema
- BLACK WIDOW: 12:00, 1:00, 3:30, 4:30, 6:00, 7:00, 8:00
- ESCAPE ROOM: TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS: 12:05, 2:50, 5:30, 8:10
- F9 THE FAST SAGA: 12:30, 4:00, 7:40
- SPACE JAM: A NEW LEGACY: 12:20, 3:20, 4:20, 6:30, 7:30
- THE BOSS BABY: FAMILY BUSINESS: 12:10, 3:00
- THE FOREVER PURGE: 12:50, 4:50, 7:50
- BLACK WIDOW: 5:00, 8:15
- BOSS BABY 2: 4:30, 7:15
- HOW TO DETER A ROBBER: 5:30
- ZOLA: 7:45