Andrew Goff / Tuesday, April 18 @ 4:05 p.m. / Crime
Arcata Police Receive Anonymous Email Detailing Specifics of Arcata Homicide, Beg Author to Come Forward; Suspect Officially Named
Arcata Police Department press release:
On April 15th, at 3:02am officers from the Arcata Police Department responded to the 1100 block of Spear Avenue on the report of a stabbing. At 3:03am the first officer arrived on-scene.
19-year-old David Josiah Lawson, a student at Humboldt State University, was later pronounced dead at the Mad River Hospital as a result of the stab wounds.
23-year-old Kyle Christopher Zoellner, of Mckinleyville, was arrested at the scene for homicide. Zoellner was booked at the Humboldt County Correctional Facility for PC 187 - Homicide.
A knife was recovered at the scene of the crime. To date, investigators have served a search warrant and interviewed over 25 witnesses. Additional search warrants and interviews are on-going.
Today, 4/18, the APD received an anonymous email from someone who may have witnessed the homicide. The email detailed specifics of the assault. The APD implores the author of the email to come forward and provide a statement to investigators. An anonymous email cannot be used as evidence.
Detectives at the Arcata Police Department are continuing the investigation with assistance from the Humboldt State University Police Department and the Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office. Anyone who may have information about this incident is asked to call the Arcata Police Department at 822-2428.
- (UPDATE) HSU Student Fatally Stabbed in Arcata
- President Rossbacher Addresses Fatal Stabbing of HSU Student: ‘This Tragedy is Heartbreaking for All of Us’
- APD: McKinleyville Resident Arrested in Connection to Stabbing Death of HSU Teen
- Fatally-Stabbed HSU Student Named in GoFundMe Page Created to Cover Family’s Funeral Expenses
- Arcata Police Seeking Witnesses to HSU Student’s Stabbing Death
- Jail Records Reveal Name of Suspect in Fatal Arcata Stabbing
- Slain HSU Student to be Remembered at Prayer Service Tonight, Vigil on Thursday
- North Coast News: (VIDEO) Friend of HSU Stabbing Victim Speaks Out
- Times-Standard: Mom of Fatal Stabbing Victim Worried Suspect Will Be Freed