Press release from the City of Eureka:
The City of Eureka is asking all businesses to provide the City with a report regarding estimated losses related to PG&E’s Public Safety Power Shut-off.
Eureka is pursuing a State Emergency Declaration that may in turn offer assistance to those businesses that incurred a loss. Even if Eureka is not successful in securing the Emergency Declaration, we would like to know what this loss of power cost each of our businesses.
Please e-mail an estimate of the losses your business sustained due to the power outage. Include the name of your business, address and amount of financial loss of either product or revenue due to the outage. This information will be used to establish an overall loss sustained by businesses and government during the Public Safety Power Shut-off.
Information can be emailed to: Swan Asbury, Economic Development: email@example.com
- Newsom Wants PG&E to Give $100 Rebate to All Residential Customers Affected by Blackout
- (PHOTOS) Humboldt Photographers Point Their Cameras to the Skies for One Last Look at the Unobstructed Stars
- POWER UP! Most of Humboldt County Had Its Electricity Restored Overnight, But There Are Still Patches of Darkness
- CITY OF EUREKA: Extra Cops Will Patrol Tonight; Residents Should be Prepared for Blackout to Last Until Friday
- PG&E Spokesperson Confirms That They’re Planning For Three to Five Days of Blackout, Talks About Why Humboldt Had to Be Deenergized
- HUMBOLDT BLACKOUT SCORECARD: Which Businesses are Open?
- (AUDIO) KHUM’s Cliff Berkowitz Interviews Sean Quincey of the Humboldt County Office of Emergency Services
- THAT’S IT: The Big Power Shutdown is Definitely Going to Hit Humboldt Too
- (UPDATE) OFFICE OF EDUCATION: Most Schools Will Stay Open Tomorrow, Whether There is Power Or Not, But There Are A Couple of Exceptions
- The Power WILL Be Cut Off to a Large Swath of California Tonight … But There’s Maybe a Chance That Some of Humboldt Will Escape That Fate?
- County Emergency Services Issue Statement on Potential Days-Long Power Shutoff; Says PG&E Working on Plan to Backfill Power at King Salmon Plant
- (UPDATES) BLACKOUT ALERT: That Big, Upcoming PG&E Shutdown May Well Include Humboldt After All, Says County Office of Emergency Services