Basic video: Andrew Goff
The moment many Humboldt County residents have been eagerly awaiting, has finally arrived! Eureka’s new Redwood Sky Walk is complete and ready for limited access. The first groups to be admitted to the towering forest walkway are Sequoia Park Zoo members, who can now reserve a one-hour time slot on the Sky Walk, the zoo announced on Wednesday evening.
“The much-anticipated wait is finally over!” states an email sent out to zoo members. “Beta-testing of the Redwood Sky Walk has begun and you are cordially invited to be some of the very first to experience the Redwood Sky Walk exhibit at Sequoia Park Zoo!”
The Sky Walk previews begin this Saturday, April 17 and will continue on Saturdays and Mondays through May 10. Those who enter the Sky Walk will be asked to fill out a survey before their time slot and another after their experience, to provide the zoo with their feedback.
If you are a Sequoia Park Zoo member and did not receive the email, you can follow this link to reserve your spot. And for those who may be tempted to game the system, don’t do it! You will be required to show your membership card and ID for entry.
As for when the Sky Walk will be open to the rest of the public, an official date has not yet been set. But Eureka City Manager Miles Slattery did tell the Outpost in the past that shortly after zoo members have been granted access, the invitation will be extended to all local residents and lastly the attraction will be open to tourists.
Not a zoo member, but can’t wait to get up on that thing? Well, now might be the time to think about becoming a Sequoia Park Zoo member. Executive Director of Sequoia Park Zoo Foundation Leigh Pierre-Oetker told the Outpost that joining now would make you eligible to reserve a ticket. However, Pierre-Oetker said, buying a membership will not necessarily guarantee you a spot, as there are limited reservations available and they are filling up quickly.
The Outpost was lucky enough to already grab a sneak peak and we just have to say, it’s pretty darn incredible. Check out the above video to help get you excited!
- Sequoia Park Zoo Officially Launches ‘Redwood Canopy Walk,’ Which is Expected to Open in 2020; Local Tourism Orgs Kick in $1.7 Million for Construction
- Now With a ‘More Adventurous’ Design, Sequoia Park Zoo’s ‘Redwood Canopy Walk’ Project is One Step Closer To Reality
- It Looks Like the Sequoia Park Zoo Is Gonna Try Again With the Bears
- Construction of Sequoia Park Zoo’s ‘Redwood Canopy Walk’ Will Start Next Month; Project Should be Complete by September
- (PHOTOS) Get Pumped for the Freshly Named ‘Redwood Sky Walk’
- REDWOOD SKY WALK UPDATE: Construction Underway for the Hanging Walkway of Eureka’s Dreams
- FIRST LOOK: The LoCO Tours Eureka’s Fabulous New Redwood Sky Walk