2017 Fortuna AutoXpo
Fortuna / 4 p.m.
“Fortuna’s biggest and most well-attended event of the season, a car show fueled by vintage rock ‘n’ roll, pink poodle skirts, white bobby socks, sunglasses and cool cars that are hot!”
North Coast Repertory Theatre / 8-10 p.m. / $16 / $13 Students / Seniors
“This bitingly witty farce from comedic maestro David Ives turns 17th century France on its ear in a non-stop linguistic masterpiece. Dorante is a charming young man with a bright future and one glaring personality quirk – he cannot tell the truth.”
442-6278 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
The Legend of Georgia McBride
Redwood Curtain Theatre / 8-9:30 p.m. / $22 Gala Opening Night / $17 Friday/Saturday/Matinees / $10 Thursdays and Previews
“He’s young, he’s broke, and he’s just found out his wife is going to have a baby! To make matters even more desperate, Casey’s been fired from his gig as an Elvis impersonator in a run-down, small-town Florida bar.”
443-7688 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Qui, Leone, The Tweeners
Live in Humboldt / 9 p.m.-1 a.m. / $10
Qui, rocking band from Los Angeles featuring the legendary Trevor Dunn, with supporting local bands Leone and The Tweeners.
Web site / View Comments
Soul Party: American Style
Humboldt Brews / 9 p.m.-2 a.m.
Come celebrate your freedom and independence at this month’s Soul Party! Resident selectors Funky T-Rex (Tanasa) , #JAYMORG, and DJ Red are sure to light your dancefloor fuse with a colorful display of unsafe and insane funk and soul tunes.
826-2739 / Web site / View Comments
2017 Young Writers Camp
Humboldt State University Founders Hall / 8 a.m.-5 p.m. / $150 / $160 After June 5th!
Redwood Writing Project is pleased to provide the opportunity during the summer break for families seeking a supportive, fun environment for their incoming 4th-9th grade students.
826-5109 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Arcata Community Center / 9 a.m.-5 p.m. / $33 / $43 non-residents
Enrollment is now open for the second session of Summer Gymnastics through Arcata Recreation.
822-7091 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Blue Lake Casino and Hotel / 9-1 a.m. / Free / 21+
“Dr Squid is Humboldt County’s hottest dance band, with great rock and dance renditions as well as original music!”
877-252-2946 / Web site / View Comments
Garberville Farmers’ Market
Garberville Town Square / 11 a.m.-3 p.m. / Free
You’ll find an abundance of fresh produce, quality meats, landscape and vegetable starts, bouquets, baked goods, and crafts of all kinds that our wonderfully talented vendors enjoy growing and creating for the community.
email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Letters From Baghdad
The Miniplex at Richards’ Goat Tavern / 5 p.m. / $8 / $6.50 before 5 PM / 21+
Narrated and produced by Oscar winning actress Tilda Swinton, “Letters from Baghdad” tells the story of adventurer, diplomat, and British spy Gertrude Bell, who helped shape the destiny of the Middle East afer World War I in ways that still reverberate today.
630-5000 / Web site / View Comments
Plant Based Italian Pop-up Dinner
Foodwise Kitchen / 6:30-9 p.m. / $75
Plant based Italian! Join us for this 5 course dinner service paired with local wines in the Foodwise kitchen.
633-8328 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
The Little Hours
The Miniplex at Richards’ Goat Tavern / 7 p.m. / $8 / $6.50 before 5 PM / 21+
“Based on a comic tale from Boccaccio’s 14th century Italian masterpiece ‘The Decameron,’ the director of ‘Life After Beth’ and ‘I Heart Huckabees’ casts some of today’s funniest comic actors.”
630-5000 / Web site / View Comments
(CANCELLED) Cannabis Country Fair 2017
Black Oak Ranch / 9-11 p.m.
Cannabis Country Fair will gather a unified community of organic cannabis farmers and wellness enthusiasts, combining industry education with top-tier musical performances, organic cuisine, goods from the Emerald Triangle’s top cannabis farmers. Music by Thievery Corporation, Portugal. The Man, more
- BABY DRIVER: 1:05, 3:50, 6:40, 9:30
- BIG SICK: 12:50, 3:40, 6:25, 9:20
- DESPICABLE ME 3 2D: 12:15, 2:35, 4:55, 7:20, 9:35
- DUNKIRK: 12:00, 1:05, 2:50, 5:35, 6:45, 8:15, 9:20
- GIRLS TRIP: 12:55, 3:45, 6:30, 9:25
- HERO: 1:40, 6:35
- SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING 2D: 11:45, 2:50, 5:55, 9:00
- VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS 2D: 11:45, 3:40, 5:50, 8:55
- VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS 3D: 2:45
- WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES 2D: 11:50, 2:55, 4:25, 6:00, 9:05
- WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES 3D: 1:15, 7:40
- WISH UPON: 4:10, 9:15
- WONDER WOMAN 2D: 11:50, 2:55, 6:05, 9:10
Mill Creek Cinema
- BABY DRIVER: 1:45, 6:50, 9:30
- BIG SICK: 11:55, 5:15
- DESPICABLE ME 3 2D: 1:00, 3:20, 5:40, 8:00
- DUNKIRK: 12:05, 2:40, 6:45, 8:00, 9:20
- SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING 2D: 11:45, 2:45, 5:50, 8:50
- VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS 2D: 12:35, 3:40, 5:45, 9:00
- VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS 3D: 2:40
- WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES 2D: 11:45, 5:55, 9:10
- WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES 3D: 2:50
- WISH UPON: 4:30
- WONDER WOMAN 2D: 11:50, 2:55, 6:00, 9:05
- DUNKIRK: 2:30, 5:00, 7:40, 10:00
- SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING: 1:00, 5:30, 10:15
- THE BIG SICK: 4:00, 7:05
- WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES: 2:00, 8:35