TUESDAY LOWDOWN: Fiddle Fight in Eureka
Canadian wife and husband fiddle pros Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Leahy will flex their fingers at the Arkley Center Tuesday night. If history is any guide the couple’s scarily talented children will likely make an appearance too. Details on that and more in your Lowdown listings below.
Pandemix, Cross Contamination, Wet Spot
Outer Space / 7-10 p.m. / $5
“Pandemix churns out unapologetic outsider anthems in the tradition of CRASS records bands, with flashes of the angular iconoclastic wit of Flux of Pink Indians or Poison Girls juxtaposed against the jarring and heavy guitar textures of Profane Existence style crust punk.”
email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Queer Coffee House: Three Lesbian Lives by Sue
RAVEN Project / 5:30-7:30 a.m.
Sue will be talking about three of her very important friends who passed away recently and sharing their stories: a vet who became anti-war, a musician and organizer who was very involved in the early women’s movement, a poet who reclaimed her native heritage.
Cider for Non-Profits
Humboldt Cider Company Tap Room / 2-10 p.m. / Free
Eureka Learning Center Educational Foundation is a non profit that directly benefits Northern United Humboldt Charter School’s small 9-12th grade Eureka Learning Center.
407-0517 / firstname.lastname@example.org / View Comments
HSU Wind Ensemble Open Rehearsal
Fulkerson Recital Hall / 3-5 p.m. / Free
Open Rehearsals! HSU Wind Ensemble invites community musicians to attend open rehearsals (informal auditions) from February 5 through February 28.
826-5435 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Social Justice Summit
Humboldt State University / 5:30-7 p.m. / Free
Our stories are power sites for understanding and building relationships. In the era of our current world, we need to understand how we arrived here because how we remember the past, defines our present, and molds our future.
826-3364 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Best Outdoor Apps
Humboldt State University, Center Activities / 6-7 p.m. / Free
Are you new to the outdoors or just in search of some easy to use resources? Don’t worry we got you covered. Drop in to our Outdoor App Seminar where our guides will share with you the apps the pros use and other helpful and outdoor-centered apps!
826-3357 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
- ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL 2D: 11:55, 1:00, 3:50, 5:20, 6:40, 9:25
- AQUAMAN 2D: 11:50, 5:45
- COLD PURSUIT: 12:40, 3:30, 6:25, 9:15
- FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY: 12:35, 3:20, 6:00, 8:40
- HAPPY DEATH DAY 2U: 1:55, 4:25, 7:00, 9:30
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 2D: 11:45, 12:55, 2:20, 3:35, 4:55, 6:10, 7:30, 8:45
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 3D: 2:45, 8:10
- ISN’T IT ROMANTIC: 11:50, 2:10, 4:30, 6:50, 9:10
- LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART 2D: 12:30, 12:30, 3:05, 3:05, 5:40, 8:15
- MISS BALA: 3:15
- PRODIGY, THE: 8:50
- THEY SHALL NOT GROW OLD: 2:55, 8:55
- UPSIDE, THE: 12:25, 12:25, 5:50
- WHAT MEN WANT: 12:20, 12:20, 3:10, 3:10, 5:55, 8:35, 8:35
Mill Creek Cinema
- ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL 2D: 3:10, 6:00, 8:50
- FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY: 3:40, 6:20, 9:00
- GREEN BOOK: 6:25
- HAPPY DEATH DAY 2U: 4:15, 6:45, 9:15
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 2D: 4:55, 6:15, 7:30, 8:45
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 3D: 3:45
- ISN’T IT ROMANTIC: 4:30, 6:50, 9:10
- LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART 2D: 3:00, 5:35, 8:05
- UPSIDE, THE: 3:35, 9:20
- ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL: 2:30, 6:00, 9:00
- COLD WAR: 2:00, 5:15, 7:45
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD: 3:00, 5:45, 8:30