Lowdown for Friday, July 23
30th Fortuna Redwood AutoXpo
Fortuna / 3 p.m.
“The Redwood AutoXpo is Fortuna’s biggest and most well-attended event of the season, a car show fueled by vintage rock ‘n’ roll, pink poodle skirts, white bobby socks, sunglasses and cool cars that are hot!”
Web site /
Humboldt Crabs vs. TKB Baseball
Arcata Ball Park / 7 p.m. / $10 / $4 kids 3-4
Take yourself out to the ballgame and watch your hometown heroes beat up on some lesser bums! With the lifting of social distancing and capacity restrictions, tickets are now general admission, but some elements of the process are still different than in previous years.
Web site /
Dispersed Sand Sculpture Festival
Humboldt County / 10 a.m. / Free
During the Dispersed Sand Sculpture Festival, teams are invited to create sandy masterpieces on local beaches, send photos of their sand sculptures to Friends of the Dunes, post creations on social media, vote for their favorites, and be entered to win exciting prizes.
444-1397 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Powers Creek Produce
See Event Description / 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Fresh Produce and Local Goods! We bring together fresh produce and farm products from Humboldt along with hand made confections.
email@example.com / Web site /
Garberville Farmers’ Market
Garberville Town Square / 11 a.m.-3 p.m. / Free
The Garberville Farmers’ Market has the freshest produce around. All of our farmers grow what they sell in Humboldt County and are 100% GMO free! Stop by the Town Square to say hi to your friends and neighbors and pick up your groceries for the week. EBT accepted and Market Match is offered.
441-9999 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Humboldt Dash & Splash-Canine Dock Diving
The Farm Store / 4-7 p.m. / $20 / $10 Dash & Splash members
At the old Farms Store 3956 Jacobs Avenue. Reservations required and can be made by calling Bobby.
498-2030 / email@example.com / Web site /
Pageant at the Playhouse
Arcata Playhouse / 4-7 p.m. / $350
Pageant is back! We are bringing our long-standing Pageant tradition to the Arcata Playhouse. Children 9-15 are invited to join us for two weeks of learning, playing, and creating.
822-1575 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site /
Die Geister Beschwören
Gyppo Ale Mill / 5-6 p.m. / Free / 21+
Multi-instrumentalist Oryan Peterson-Jones performing works for solo classical guitar and assorted non-western instrumentation in the American Primitive/Takoma Records tradition.
986-7700 / email@example.com / Web site /
Mattole Restoration Council Trivia Night
MRC Native Plant Nursery / 5-9 p.m.
After a lonely winter here on the Lost Coast, the Mattole Restoration Council (MRC) is pleased to open an invitation to our Native Plant Nursery for our first public event since the Covid-19 pandemic.
Full Moon Celebration
The Epitome Gallery / 7-10 p.m. / $5
A night of poetry, music and live art with ReWorded, DJ The Record Keeper bring deep house/ reggae/ hip hop/ breaks and Live Art by Jullia Finkelstein.
- A PRIVATE MOVIE SCREENING: 1:00, 4:15, 7:30
- BLACK WIDOW: 11:30, 12:30, 3:00, 4:00, 6:30, 7:30
- ESCAPE ROOM: TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS: 12:10, 2:50, 5:30, 8:20
- F9 THE FAST SAGA: 12:00, 3:40, 7:10
- JOE BELL: 11:50, 2:30, 5:10, 7:50
- OLD: 11:40, 2:40, 5:40, 8:40
- ROADRUNNER: A FILM ABOUT ANTHONY BOURDAIN: 4:30, 7:40
- SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS: 1:00, 4:10, 7:20
- SPACE JAM: A NEW LEGACY: 12:40, 1:40, 3:50, 4:50, 7:00
- THE BOSS BABY: FAMILY BUSINESS: 1:30
- THE FOREVER PURGE: 8:00
Mill Creek Cinema
- A PRIVATE MOVIE SCREENING: 4:30, 6:20
- BLACK WIDOW: 12:00, 1:00, 3:30, 4:30, 7:00, 8:00
- F9 THE FAST SAGA: 12:20, 3:50, 7:50
- JOE BELL: 12:20, 3:50, 7:30
- OLD: 12:30, 4:00, 7:10
- SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS: 12:50, 4:20, 7:40
- SPACE JAM: A NEW LEGACY: 12:10, 1:10, 3:10, 4:10, 6:20, 7:20
- THE BOSS BABY: FAMILY BUSINESS: 1:40, 5:00
- THE FOREVER PURGE: 8:20
- BLACK WIDOW: 4:30, 7:45
- HOW TO DETER A ROBBER: 5:45
- SNAKE EYES: 4:00, 7:00
- ZOLA: 8:00