UPDATE, 5:44 p.m.:
BREAKING NEWS-EPD has just learned bank robbery suspect Harwood McCovey is now custody. Sheriff’s Office got him at a local casino on a tip!— Steve Watson (@SWatsonEPD) August 20, 2016
From the Eureka Police Department:
The Eureka Police Department has been investigating a string of Bank robberies which have occurred over the past several weeks. As a result of this investigation, a person of interest has been identified. The Eureka Police Department is seeking the following subject, Harwood Francis McCovey (31 years old of Hoopa, CA). McCovey is further described as an Indian male adult, 6-01”, 190 lbs., brown hair, and brown eyes.
McCovey is not only a person of interest in the Eureka Police Department’s investigation, there is also an active arrest warrant for robbery out of Shasta County Superior Court for McCovey.
McCovey is considered armed and the public is advised not to attempt to contact or detain McCovey themselves, but are urged to call the police immediately if they observe him. Anyone with information regarding the possible location of McCovey is urged to contact the Eureka Police Department at 707-441-4044 or contact Senior Detective Ron Harpham at (707) 441-4300.
RECENT HUMBOLDT COUNTY BANK ROBBERIES:
- Eureka Police Investigating Bank Robbery in Henderson Center
- Credit Union Near Eureka Mall Robbed at Gunpoint
- Eureka Police Release The Best Image They Have of This Morning’s Bank Robbery Suspect
- Eureka Police Seeking Shortish Bank Robber
- Redwood Capital Bank Branch in Fortuna Robbed Just Before Closing Today