Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office and Eureka Police Department joint press release:
A Southern Humboldt man wanted on charges of homicide was taken into custody this afternoon by the Eureka Police Department.
On June 6, 2018, at about 1:17 p.m., the Eureka Police Department received a tip that a subject matching the description of homicide suspect Zachary Harrison was observed near Truesdale St. in Eureka, walking north through the back parking lot of the Bayshore Mall. Eureka Police officers located Harrison walking in the parking lot near Walmart. He was taken into custody without incident at about 1:28 p.m.
Harrison was booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility on charges of homicide. His bail is set at $1 Million.
The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the Eureka Police Department for their assistance in apprehending Harrison, the citizens of Humboldt for the numerous tips as to Harrison’s whereabouts and all of the local agencies who aided in the search for Harrison.
Anyone with information about this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.
# # #
- Assault in Redway—Sheriff’s Dept. Releases Information
- SoHum Man Wanted for Homicide, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Sheriff’s Office Will Increase Presence in Rural SoHum As It Continues Its Hunt For Armed and Dangerous Murder Suspect
- Jet Skis Deployed as Sheriff’s Office Searches for ‘Possibly Naked’ Murder Suspect in Alderpoint
- Sheriff’s Office Gently Reminds Public That Anyone Assisting At-Large SoHum Murder Suspect is Subject to Arrest
- Three Arrested During Investigation Into Fleeing SoHum Murder Suspect Zachary Harrison
- Hunt for SoHum Homicide Suspect Continues; Deputies Arrest One, Pursue Another During Search
- Fleeing SoHum Murder Suspect Eludes Capture Yet Again; Associate Taken Into Custody
- Three More ‘Known Associates’ of SoHum Murder Suspect Zach Harrsion Arrested Last Night