Notice from the City of Arcata:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City Council of the City of Arcata will consider approval of the Village Housing Project, described further below, on Wednesday, June 5, 2019, at 6:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard. The public hearing will be held in the Council Chambers in City Hall at 736 F Street, Arcata, CA. The City Council will consider public comment, and the entire public record on the project, prior to making any decision. All interested persons are encouraged to attend the hearing, which will include a time for public comment. Comment may also be made in advance in writing. Please send written correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 736 F Street, Arcata, CA 95521, Attn: David Loya, Director.
Project Description: The project proposes a mixed‐residency multi‐family development with a mix of unit types and building sizes. The project includes a student‐restricted occupancy in two four‐story buildings totaling 122 units with 392 beds. The western portion of the project has 1‐ and 2‐story open market, unrestricted apartments totaling 100 units comprising 68 1‐bedroom, 26 2‐bedroom, and six 3‐bedroom units. The project includes 449 parking spaces; 296 bike spaces, 232 of which are indoor spaces; and 21 motorcycle spaces. The project includes many on and off‐site amenities, including recreational facilities and trails.
Application Type: General Plan & Zoning Map Amendment / Parcel Merger / Design Review / Planned Development Permit / General Plan Consistency / Development Agreement / St. Louis Rd.
Vacation Location: 2715‐2905 St Louis Rd.
Assessor Parcel Numbers: 505‐022‐011, ‐012, ‐503‐372‐002, ‐003, ‐004, ‐005, ‐006
Applicant: AMCAL Equities LLC / Coleraine Capital Group Property
Owner: Nancy Yagi‐Kirkpatrick
File Number: 156‐179‐GPA‐ZMA‐PM‐DR‐PDP‐GPC‐DA‐Vaca Zoning and General Plan: Industrial Limited (IL) & Residential Low Density (RL)
Coastal Status: Project is not in the Coastal Zone.
Environmental: The project is subject to environmental review under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). A Draft and Final Environmental Impact Report have been prepared and circulated in accordance with the CEQA Guidelines.
Date of Application: March 8, 2016
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that the information regarding the proposed project and environmental documents may be reviewed on the City’s website or at the Community Development Department at Arcata City Hall, 736 F Street, Arcata on weekdays between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., or by phone: 707‐822‐5955.
Contact person: David Loya, Director: 707‐822‐5955.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that, pursuant to §1094.5 of the California Code of Civil Procedure, “If you challenge City action on a proposed project in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the hearing body at, or prior to, the public hearing(s).”
- Private Affordable-Housing Developer Applies to Build New Off-Campus Housing for 800 HSU Students at Craftsman’s Mall Property
- ‘The Village’ Student Housing Plan Will Go Before Arcata City Council Tonight and Tomorrow
- HSU Has Announced a Partnership With AMCAL on ‘The Village’ Student Housing Development
- Arcata City Council Listens to Community Members’ Thoughts on ‘The Village’ Development; Sets Public Meeting to Tour the Property
- HSU Will Host a Public Meeting to Discuss ‘The Village’ Proposal
- Arcata City Council Takes a Tour of ‘The Village’ Site, Sets Public Hearing to Further Ponder the Proposed Student Housing Development
- (VIDEO) Arcata’s Controversial ‘The Village’ Housing Project Explained
- In Open Letter to Arcata Council, Former HSU President Says Approving ‘The Village’ Student Housing Project is a ‘Moral Obligation’
- (UPDATE) Arcata City Council Fails to Approve ‘The Village’ Student Housing Development, Killing the Project for Now
- ‘The Village’ Revived? Arcata City Staff Schedules Meeting to Reconsider Revamped Student Housing Project
- The Return of ‘The Village’; Arcata City Council Advances the Revised Housing Development
- Rejecting All Offers on the Table, Arcata City Council Asks ‘Village’ Developers to Come Up With Yet Another Version of the Big Housing Project
- Arcata City Council Rejects Yet Another Version of ‘The Village’