WEDNESDAY LOWDOWN: It is Once Again Sci-Fi Night
For this week’s edition of Sci-Fi Night, the Arcata Theatre Lounge will be screening John Sayles’ The Brother from Another Planet, an allegory for the immigrant experience in the United States.
My Favorite Lecture
Plaza View Room / 6-8 p.m.
Amber Gaffney is a psychology professor with Humboldt State University. In this talk, she’ll unpack changing social identities.
822-4500 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Sci-Fi Night: Brother From Another Planet (1984)
Arcata Theatre Lounge / 6 p.m. / $5
The Brother is an alien who has crash-landed on Earth, in New York City. While mute, strongly empathic, and able to fix things, he resembles a Black man with strange feet.
822-1220 / Web site / View Comments
Pints for Nonprofits
Six Rivers Brewery / 6 p.m.
Come celebrate the soon-to-be opening of our new Vet Clinic and the thick of kitten season with live music from Humboldt County’s preeminent prog-jug band Tyger Byle
839-7580 / Web site / View Comments
Free Guided Walk
Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge / 9-11 a.m. / Free
Join naturalist Louise Bacon-Ogden for a leisurely walk along the Shorebird Loop Trail.
733-5406 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Colleen Clifford and Loryn White
Trinidad Art Gallery / 10 a.m.-5 p.m. / Free
The stained glass of Colleen Clifford and ceramics of newest member Loryn White are on display at the Trinidad Art Gallery for all of March, with a special reception on the afternoon of Sunday.
677-3770 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Jazz Night with Bill Allison & Friends
Phatsy Kline’s Parlor Lounge / 6 p.m. / Free / 21+
Bill Allison brings back the tantalizing smooth sounds of history of American jazz.
444-3344 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Arcata Playhouse / 6-9 p.m. / $20
Convivial means “of or relating to social events where people can eat, drink, and talk in a friendly way with others”. This convivial event is hosted by the Arcata Playhouse and will be a casual evening of food, fun, drinks and lively conversation oriented to females.
822-1575 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Cuban Salsa (Rueda de Casino)
Redwood Raks World Dance Studio / 7:15-8:15 p.m. / $7 / $40 6 week series
Salsa rueda is a circle of couples dancing changing partners to patterns called out in Spanish or shown with hand signals. Sponsored by Humboldt Folk Dancers.
822-2652 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Savage Henry Comedy Club / 9-11 p.m. / Free / 18+
Eureka’s longest running comedy open mic. Hosted by Nando Molina, Jessica Grant and Josh Barnes.
email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
- ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL 2D: 1:00, 3:50, 6:40, 9:25
- A MADEA FAMILY FUNERAL: 12:50, 3:40, 6:15, 9:00
- COLD PURSUIT: 3:30, 9:15
- FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY: 12:35, 3:20, 6:00, 8:40
- GREEN BOOK: 12:05, 5:35
- GRETA: 12:00, 2:25, 4:50, 7:15, 9:40
- HAPPY DEATH DAY 2U: 7:00, 9:30
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 2D: 11:45, 11:45, 12:55, 2:20, 3:35, 3:35, 4:55, 6:10, 8:45, 8:45
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 3D: 2:45, 8:10
- ISN’T IT ROMANTIC: 11:50, 2:10, 4:30, 4:30, 6:50, 6:50, 9:10, 9:10
- LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART 2D: 12:30, 12:30, 3:05, 5:40, 8:15
- MOULIN ROUGE!: 2:45, 7:30, 7:30
- SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE 2D: 1:30, 1:30, 4:15
- THEY SHALL NOT GROW OLD: 12:25, 6:20, 6:20
- UPSIDE, THE: 11:55, 5:20, 5:20
- WHAT MEN WANT: 8:35, 8:35
Mill Creek Cinema
- ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL 2D: 3:10, 6:00, 8:50
- A STAR IS BORN: 2:50, 8:45
- FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY: 3:40, 6:20, 9:00
- GREEN BOOK: 5:55
- GRETA: 4:15, 6:45, 9:20
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 2D: 6:15, 8:45
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD 3D: 3:45
- ISN’T IT ROMANTIC: 4:30, 6:50, 9:10
- LEGO MOVIE 2: THE SECOND PART 2D: 3:00, 5:35, 8:05
- COLD WAR: 4:45, 7:15
- FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY: 2:45, 5:45, 8:30
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: THE HIDDEN WORLD: 2:00, 5:00, 7:45
- MET: LA FILLE DUE REGIMENT ENCORE: 1:00