Humboldt State University release:
The search for a new Athletics Director has concluded without the position being filled, and the process will be re-launched in the future.
The decision follows a months-long national search. Recommendations from the committee were reviewed in consultation with Incoming HSU President Tom Jackson, Jr., and a determination was made to end the current search.
Athletics will continue to be led by Duncan Robins until a new Interim Director of Athletics is named. It is anticipated an appointment of a new interim will be made by the end of June.
Vice President for Administration and Finance Doug Dawes, who chaired the search committee, thanked the committee of campus and community representatives for their diligent work. He also thanked all those who gave their time to attend the open forums and share their perspectives on the candidates.
- OP-ED: Lumberjack Football Has Potential to be the Best Show in Town, and Humboldt Doesn’t Deserve It
- HSU Community Members and Alumni Plan to Raise $500,000 a Year for Next 5 Years to Save HSU Sports
- In Desperate Attempt to Save Lumberjack Football, HSU Will Now Charge Viewers to Live Stream Games Online
- NFL Lineman and Former HSU Lumberjack Taylor Boggs Writes Letter to University Athletic Director Amid Turbulent Football Season
- President Rossbacher to Announce Decision on HSU Football’s Future During News Conference on Tuesday
- (UPDATE) FOOTBALL SAVED! President Lisa Rossbacher Announces to a Large Crowd at Redwood Bowl That There Will Be Football Next Fall
- HSU’s Head Football Coach Announces Plan to Resign; University Expects Him to Stay
- HSU Boosters Question Interim Athletic Director’s Judgement, Ask That He Be Replaced
- Robins Not Included Among Four Candidates for Full-Time AD Position