(VIDEO) TUESDAY LOWDOWN: The Wood Brothers Return to Humboldt
Humboldt favs The Wood Brothers — which features the “Wood” of Medeski, Martin and Wood — return Tuesday night to share their soulful folk with ears gathered in the Kate Buchanan Room.
Completing the Humboldt Bay Trail between Eureka and Arcata
Wharfinger Building / 5:30-7 p.m.
The community is invited to see the current project design, learn about the strategy for completion, and provide suggestions for improvements.
268-1973 / Web site / View Comments
Trinidad Memorial Lighthouse Site Selection Charette
Trinidad Town Hall / 6-8 p.m. / Free / 18+
Learn about potential sites and share ideas. If you are unable to attend, please submit written comments using form available in the City Hall Office.
599-9030 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
20th Annual International Latino Film Festival: The Maid (2009)
Mill Creek Cinema / 6 p.m.
(Click for film summary.) This long-standing community event is a collaboration of CR and HSU. This year’s guest speaker, Isabel Lipthay, was a journalist and musician in Chile under Pinochet’s dictatorship.
Web site / View Comments
Sunbathe, Blood Honey, Mother Munchie, Sleeper.Wav
Outer Space / 7 p.m. / $7
Where the bands are.
HSU Basketball vs. Cal State East Bay
Lumberjack Arena / 7:30-9:30 p.m. / $10
Humboldt State women’s basketball hosts Cal State East Bay in a CCAA Tournament home game.
826-3666 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
The Wood Brothers
Kate Buchanan Room / 8 p.m. / $36
“Dubbed “masters of soulful folk” by Paste magazine, The Wood Brothers released their debut studio album, Ways Not To Lose, on Blue Note in 2006.”
Summer Farm Shares Available for Purchase
Bayside Park Farm & Garden / 9 a.m.-5 p.m. / $450
It’s not too soon to think about securing your Summer Farm Share.
822-7091 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Cider for Nonprofits
Humboldt Cider Company Tap Room / 2-10 p.m. / Free / 21+
Cider for Non-Profits is a fundraising event hosted by Humboldt Cider Company every week, and NCD is honored to be in the spotlight.
497-6320 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Pain Management in Nursing: Beyond Opioids
Hospice of Humboldt / 5:30-8:30 p.m. / $20 / $5 students / $15 members / 18+
Explore some of the non-medication modalities in helping promote pain relief.
502-5815 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Board Game Night
Nugames Eureka / 6-9 p.m. / Free
This event is family friendly and we’re happy to teach newcomers whatever game we’re playing.
497-6358 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Minor Theatre / 7-9 p.m.
Lost deep in the forest of the Pacific Northwest, Ashley and Max Carr are stalked by a terrifying creature that might be Bigfoot. Soon they find themselves embroiled in a strange land of Native American myth and legend turned real.
The Low Notes
Redwood Curtain Brewing Company, Arcata / 7-10 p.m.
The Low Notes once again bring our jazz to the great local brewery Redwood Curtain. Join us for an evening of jazz standards and not so standard tunes.
826-7222 / Web site / View Comments
Karaoke w/ Chris Clay
Cher-Ae Heights Casino / 8 p.m.
Your Lowdown will go on the record as saying that Chris Clay is Humboldt’s most pro karaoke jockey. We know this stuff.
800-684-2464 / Web site / View Comments
- 15:17 TO PARIS: 2:25, 7:10
- ANNIHILATION: 12:30, 3:15, 6:00, 8:45
- BLACK PANTHER 2D: 11:50, 1:30, 3:00, 4:40, 6:10, 7:50, 9:15
- BLACK PANTHER 3D: 12:45, 3:50, 6:55
- EARLY MAN: 12:20, 2:40, 5:00
- FIFTY SHADES FREED: 1:55, 4:25, 6:55, 9:25
- GAME NIGHT: 12:55, 3:25, 5:55, 7:00, 8:30, 9:30
- GREATEST SHOWMAN, THE: 7:20
- JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE 2D: 12:40, 3:30, 6:20, 9:10
- PETER RABBIT: 12:35, 1:50, 3:05, 4:30, 5:35, 8:00
- SHAPE OF WATER: 12:10, 5:45
- THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI: 3:05, 8:40, 8:40
- WINCHESTER: THE HOUSE THAT GHOSTS BUILT: 4:45, 4:45, 9:35
Mill Creek Cinema
- ANNIHILATION: 3:35, 6:20, 9:05
- BLACK PANTHER 2D: 3:05, 6:10, 7:45, 9:15
- BLACK PANTHER 3D: 4:40
- EARLY MAN: 2:45, 5:00
- FIFTY SHADES FREED: 4:25, 6:55, 9:40
- GAME NIGHT: 4:30, 7:00, 9:30
- JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE 2D: 7:10, 9:20
- PETER RABBIT: 3:10, 5:35, 8:00
- 2018 OSCAR NOMINATED SHORTS: DOCUMENTARIES A: 5:00
- 2018 OSCAR NOMINATED SHORTS: DOCUMENTARIES B: 2:00
- BLACK PANTHER: 1:00, 4:00, 8:30, 9:30
- CALL ME BY YOUR NAME: 7:30
- DARKEST HOUR: 5:30
- PHANTOM THREAD: 2:30
- PRIMAL RAGE: 7:00