WEDNESDAY LOWDOWN: CJ Boyd in Arcata
Solo bassist CJ Boyd brings his fat strings to Outer Space in Arcata Wednesday night.
Jacqueline Suskin: Poetry Workshop
The Sanctuary / 5-7 p.m. / $5
The Sanctuary is proud to welcome LA-based poet Jacqueline Suskin back to Humboldt. As part of her visit, which includes a reading at Northtown Books on Friday May 25th, she will be teaching a workshop for writers upstairs at the Sanctuary.
Attack of the Eye Creatures (1965)
Arcata Theatre Lounge / 6 p.m. / $5
A flying saucer is about to land on Earth and is expected by government officials, but as their distracted attention moves towards a group of teens, the aliens now can take over the world.
822-1220 / Web site / View Comments
Necrot, Dullahan, Burning Hash, DMT
The Siren’s Song Tavern / 7-11:45 p.m. / $7
Oakland death metal titans Necrot return to Humboldt on their way up to Seattle for Northwest Terrorfest.
442-8778 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Bayside Park Farm & Garden / 9 a.m.-5 p.m. / $450
It’s time to think about securing your summer Farm Share, and the City of Arcata Parks and Recreation Division offers Farm Shares grown at Bayside Park Farm!
822-7091 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Redwood Empire BMX Open Practice
Redwood Empire BMX / 5-6 p.m. / Free / $11 Trophy Race Days / $8 Medal Race Days / $5 Ribbon Race Days / $2 Practice ONLY
Redwood Empire BMX is a local non-profit organization with a mission to promote and deliver quality BMX (bicycle moto-cross) programs that stimulate a fun, healthy environment, emphasizing on good sportsmanship and safety for kids of all ages.
845-0094 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Board Game Night
The Scruffy Nerd Herder / 6-10 p.m. / Free
“We’ve got over 30 board games to choose from with an ever-expanding collection, and plenty of space to play.”
273-5274 / TheScruffynerdherder@gmail.com / Web site / View Comments
Paradise Poetry Tour
The Sanctuary / 7-9:30 p.m. / $5
Paradise Poetry Tour, a cross country group of performing poets, will be making a stop in the Great Hall for a reading on Wednesday the 30th.
822-0898 / View Comments
Cuban Salsa (Rueda de Casino)
Redwood Raks World Dance Studio / 7:15-8:15 p.m. / $7 / $40 6 week series
Salsa rueda is a circle of couples dancing changing partners to patterns called out in Spanish or shown with hand signals. Sponsored by Humboldt Folk Dancers.
822-2652 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Phatsy Kline’s Parlor Lounge / 8:30-11 p.m. / Free / 21+
A rotating set of hosts invites seasoned vets and newcomers alike to try their hand at performing stand-up comedy.
firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
- A QUIET PLACE: 2:35, 4:55, 9:35
- AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR 2D: 11:45, 2:55, 6:05, 9:05
- BOOK CLUB: 1:00, 3:30, 6:10, 8:35
- DEADPOOL 2: 12:20, 1:20, 2:15, 3:10, 4:10, 5:05, 5:55, 6:55, 7:50, 8:45, 9:45
- GREASE: 12:00, 7:00
- LIFE OF THE PARTY: 1:15, 3:50, 6:25, 8:55
- OVERBOARD: 1:05, 3:45, 6:30, 9:10
- SHOW DOGS: 11:55, 12:50, 3:20, 5:45, 8:10
- SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY 2D: 11:45, 1:45, 2:50, 3:50, 4:50, 6:00, 8:00, 9:10
- SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY 3D: 12:45, 7:00
Mill Creek Cinema
- AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR 2D: 2:50, 6:00, 9:05
- BOOK CLUB: 4:40, 7:10, 9:25
- DEADPOOL 2: 2:40, 4:00, 5:30, 6:55, 8:30, 9:40
- LIFE OF THE PARTY: 3:15, 5:50, 8:20
- SHOW DOGS: 4:50, 7:05
- SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY 2D: 5:20, 6:50, 9:20
- SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY 3D: 3:40, 8:15
- DEADPOOL 2: 3:30, 6:30, 9:30
- REVENGE: 8:45
- SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY: 2:30, 5:45, 9:00
- THE GUARDIANS: 2:00, 5:30