Defend the Rojava Revolution
College of the Redwoods / 4-5:30 p.m. / Free
Journalist Debbie Bookchin, recently returned from the autonomous Kurdish-led region known as Rojava, will talk about the history of Rojava, why it is critical to defend this feminist, ecological, democratic project from the ongoing onslaught by Turkey and its jihadi allies and the Syrian regime.
476-4180 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
ArMack Winter Concert
Arcata High School / 6-9 p.m. / $5
Enjoy a delightful winter concert! Come support the talented student musicians from Arcata and McKinleyville High School’s, Jazz band, ArMack orchestra and Madrigal Choir.
825-2401 / Web site / View Comments
Dreamers: Aquí y Allá
Gist Theater at HSU / 7:30 p.m. / $10 / $8 students/seniors / 18+
“Dreamers” features stories and characters based on DACA recipients who got to travel to Mexico to visit family and reconnect with their roots. The people at the heart of this play are Americans who have suddenly found themselves vulnerable to expulsion, job loss, and deportation.
826-3928 / Web site / View Comments
HSU Jazz Combos and AM Jazz Band
Fulkerson Recital Hall / 8-10 p.m. / Free HSU Students with ID / $5 Child / $10 General
Please join the HSU Department of Music as they present this semester’s Jazz Combos, under the leadership of Dan Aldag, sharing this evening long concert with the AM Jazz Band, led by Howie Kaufman.
826-3928 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Ki-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Savage Henry Comedy Club / 9-11 p.m. / Free / 18+
Welcome to Savage Henry’s first live-dub show where the greatest voice actors the Humboldt Comedy scene has to offers led their talents towards the best of movies, television, and more. The only catch, they haven’t been given any scripts. This is Ki-Man and the Masters of the Universe!
845-8864 / Web site / View Comments
See Event Description / 9 a.m.
Coastal Grove Charter School’s Class of 2021 is conducting a shoe drive fundraiser between November 1 - December 13 to raise funds for their 8th Grade Trip to Washington, D.C.
email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Redwood Region Audubon Society Conservation Meeting
Rita’s Margaritas & Mexican Grill, Fifth Street / noon-1 p.m. / Free
Monthly meeting of the Redwood Region Audubon Society Conservation Committee.
445-8311 / Web site / View Comments
Thinkin’ & Drinkin’ Trivia Night With Davey G
Gyppo Ale Mill / 6-7:30 p.m. / Free
Are you that person that secretly (or NOT) watches Jeopardy? Or just lucky to have a photographic memory. You are in luck my friend.
986-7700 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Open Mic with Mike Anderson
Old Town Coffee And Chocolates (Old Town) / 6:30-8:30 p.m. / Free
Usually some singer/guitarists, a couple spoken word guys and then that one wildcard oddity that makes you go “hmm.”
445-8600 / OldTownCoffeeEureka@yahoo.com / Web site / View Comments
Phatsy Kline’s Parlor Lounge / 7:30 p.m.
Fraktal Productions and The Historic Eagle House present Laidback Lounge every Thursday featuring local DJs playing jazz, soul, funk, Latin and more.
444-3344 / Web site / View Comments
Blue Lake Casino and Hotel / 9 p.m.-1 a.m. / Free / 21+
Sonido Pachanguero knows what it takes to get you out on the dance floor!
877-252-2946 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
- 21 BRIDGES: 9:40
- BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD: 12:30, 3:05, 5:50
- DARK WATERS: 12:10, 3:10, 6:10, 9:10
- DOCTOR SLEEP: 8:40, 9:00
- FORD V. FERRARI: 11:40, 2:55, 5:45, 9:00
- FROZEN II (2D): 11:30, 12:20, 1:10, 2:05, 3:45, 4:40, 5:30, 6:20, 7:15, 8:55
- FROZEN II (3D): 2:55, 8:05
- JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL: 6:00, 8:30
- KNIVES OUT: 11:25, 12:25, 2:20, 3:25, 5:20, 6:25, 8:20, 9:25
- MALEFICENT: MISTRESS OF EVIL 2D: 11:55, 2:40, 5:55
- PLAYMOBIL: THE MOVIE: 1:00, 3:30, 6:00, 8:30
- QUEEN & SLIM: 11:50, 2:50, 6:15, 9:20
- ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP: 12:00, 2:30, 4:45, 7:10, 9:45
Mill Creek Cinema
- BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD: 3:35, 6:15, 9:00
- DARK WATERS: 3:20, 6:20, 9:20
- FORD V. FERRARI: 5:25, 8:45
- FROZEN II (2D): 4:40, 6:00, 7:15, 8:30
- FROZEN II (3D): 3:25
- JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL: 6:15
- KNIVES OUT: 3:10, 5:20, 6:10, 8:20, 9:10
- PLAYING WITH FIRE: 3:50, 8:40
- PLAYMOBIL: THE MOVIE: 2:50
- FANTASTIC FUNGI: 6:00
- FROZEN 2: 3:00, 5:30, 6:00, 9:00
- KNIVES OUT: 1:30, 4:45, 8:30
- PARASITE: 2:00, 2:30, 8:00