Hank Sims / Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016 @ 10:33 a.m. / Internet
Citizens Reporting Widespread AT&T Internet Outages Around the County
Something appears amiss with AT&T internet service around Humboldt County this morning. The reports started coming into the Outpost early this a.m., reporting outages on Fickle Hill, McKinleyville and Fortuna.
We polled our Facebook friends. They seem to have reached consensus that there is, in fact, something wrong:
Check the comments, there — a widespread report of home internet outage (though not cell phone service) along the Highway 101 corridor.
And here are some comments from Downdetector.com:
If we were betting folk, we would stake money on a 40 percent chance that this has something to do with the fire along 101 between Laytonville and Leggett yesterday. The pattern of outage reports strongly resembles previous instances in which AT&T’s fiber optic line has been snapped or melted, and as far as we know the company has not yet completed that “network upgrade” that would involve the lease of some bandwitdh on the east-west fiber line.
But we can’t say for sure at the moment. We’ll let you know when we know more.
- Your AT&T U-Verse Service May Be Down; Here is Why
- AT&T Phone Service in Manila is Out And Probably Won’t Be Back For Nearly Two Weeks
- (UPDATE: BACK!) Internet-O-Pocalypse! AT&T, Frontier, Possibly Other Services Busted Around Humboldt County
- THE INTERNET IS DOWN!!! Massive AT&T Outage Takes Humboldt County Phones, Internet, Etc. Offline
- The Internet is Up! Cable Slasher to Blame for Yesterday’s Outage, Says AT&T
- AT&T Offers $10,000 Bounty for Any Information Leading to the Arrest and Conviction of the Fiber Line Vandals
- Beyond Redundancy: Why Last Month’s AT&T Outage Sucked So Bad
- (UPDATE) COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN: AT&T Internet/Phone Service Outages Reported in Humboldt
- AT&T Up! Power Down! Top O’ The Morning!
- Still Steamed About the Latest AT&T Blackout? The County of Humboldt Wants to Hear It
- AT&T Says: Yes, Our New North Coast ‘Network Upgrade’ Will Include Emergency Access to East-West Fiber
- Gah! AT&T Internet Services Less Than Operational for You, Humboldt? Outage Roll Call!
- AT&T: You Lost Internet Because the Fiber Broke Again. We Fixed It. Sorry.