Lowdown! for Tuesday, Nov. 17
Tuesday Lowdown: Blitzen Trapper at HumBrews Tonight, On KHUM This Afternoon
Overachieving Tuesday in Arcata tonight, most obviously thanks to the return of indie-country darlings Blitzen Trapper who will draw cool kids toward HumBrews.
Oh, but that’s not the only way to hear ‘em in Humboldt today. We’re told the band will grant an in-studio performance to DJ Larry Trask and ears tuned into KHUM at ‘round ‘bout 3:15 p.m. if you are so inclined. Sample what the band is sounding like these days by checking out the below clip for their song “All Across the Land,” a track on their just-released album of the same name. Other joy nuggets in your Lowdown listings farther down. —AG
Akram Khan Company
Van Duzer Theater / 8 p.m. / $46 / $10 HSU students
One of Britain’s most innovative and influential choreographers, Olivier Award-winning Akram Khan infuses his modern works with classical dance influences from India—creating an exciting, cutting-edge idiom that has propelled his company to the top of the European dance world.
Web site /
Success and Sustainability: Building Effective Nonprofits for the Long Haul
Garberville Civic Club / 9 a.m.-4 p.m. / $75 / $60 NorCAN Members
his workshop will address how organizations grow and change over time, designing a sustainable nonprofit, managing volunteers, training up the next generation of leadership, and more!
Web site /
American Cancer Society Open House
American Cancer Society-Eureka, CA Division Office / 4:30-6:30 p.m. / Free
Please join the American Cancer Society at our new office located at 611 Harris St for an Open House & Volunteer Recognition event. This event is free and everyone is welcome.
Board/Card Game Night!
Nugames Eureka / 5-9 p.m. / Free
You will be able to: G-ain experience and try new games A-llow yourself to relax, and have fun M-eet local people with similar hobbies E-njoy a night out with no entrance fee O-utsmart your opponents N-ominate games for future game nights!
Web site /
Based on the Book Classic Film Series: Citizen Kane
Humboldt County Library / 6:30 p.m. / Free
“Citizen Kane,” a 1941 film tells the story of a wealthy newspaper editor, as remembered by those close to him after his death. The film will be shown in the Eureka library’s large meeting room and will be hosted by Philip Wright.
Web site /
- BRIDGE OF SPIES: 11:55, 3:00, 6:05, 9:10
- BURNT: 1:30, 4:25, 6:55, 9:25
- GOOSEBUMPS 2D: 2:15, 4:50, 6:30, 9:05
- LAST WITCH HUNTER: 12:10, 3:45, 5:55, 9:30
- LOVE THE COOPERS: 1:00, 3:40, 6:15, 8:50
- MARTIAN 2D: 12:35, 2:45, 6:20, 8:25
- PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE GHOST DIMENSION 2D: 12:00, 1:50, 4:10, 7:20, 9:35
- PEANUTS MOVIE 2D: 12:50, 2:05, 3:15, 5:45, 6:50, 8:10
- PEANUTS MOVIE 3D: 11:45, 4:30, 9:15
- SPECTRE: 12:30, 2:10, 3:55, 5:35, 7:20, 9:00
- THE 33: 11:45, 2:40, 5:40, 8:40
Mill Creek Cinema
- BRIDGE OF SPIES: 5:30
- GOOSEBUMPS 2D: 3:00, 6:00, 8:40
- LOVE THE COOPERS: 4:00, 6:35, 9:10
- MARTIAN 2D: 5:20, 8:30
- PEANUTS MOVIE 2D: 3:25, 4:40, 5:45, 7:00, 8:05
- PEANUTS MOVIE 3D: 9:15
- SPECTRE: 4:20, 5:35, 7:45, 9:00
- THE 33: 2:50, 5:50, 8:50
- BURNT: 9:10
- SPECTRE: 4:55, 8:15
- SUFFRAGETTE: 3:45, 6:20, 8:55
- TRUTH: 3:20, 6:10