WEDNESDAY LOWDOWN: Animal People Invade ATL
Wednesday generally translates into Sci-Fi Night, a chance to gather with tolerable people at the Arcata Theatre Lounge to watch poorly aged cinema you otherwise wouldn’t. Does it matter to you what they are screening this week? Eh, watch a trailer above.
Sci-Fi Night: Invasion of the Animal People (1959)
Arcata Theatre Lounge / 6 p.m. / $5
After a herd of reindeer are mysteriously found dead following a meteor crash in a remote part of Sweden, soldiers and a geologist are called out to investigate…
822-1220 / Web site / View Comments
Call for Artists
See Event Description / 9 a.m.
The McKinleyville Senior Center is presenting an exhibit of work by artists over 55 on October 6 and 7. Artists who are interested in participating should bring their work for jury selection on October 3rd between 11-2 to the McKinleyville Senior Center.
First Time Home Buyer’s Seminar
Center Activities, HSU Campus / 6-7:45 p.m. / $25 / $20 HSU Students
October 3 & 10, 2018. Learn all you need to know to buy your first home: Finding it, financing, inspections, disclosures, negotiations, contracts, taxes, and more!
826-3357 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Putting Your Garden To Bed Workshop
The Beneficial Living Center & Garden Supplies / 6 p.m.-7:30 a.m. / Free
Come join us for this Fall workshop led by owner, Seth Geddes. He will focus on what is best amended in the winter andand how to plan for spring preparation so that its more time and cost effective.
633-6125 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Financial Freedom Workshop
Sequoia Conference Center - HCOE / 6-8 p.m. / Free
Child Support and Rosie Wentworth of Envision Prosperity present this fun and interactive Workshop.
273-9947 / DCSS@co.humboldt.ca.us / Web site / View Comments
2018 Unmet Transit Needs Public Hearings
See Event Description / 6 p.m.
Whether you ride daily, occasionally, or haven’t tried transit yet, the Humboldt County Association of Governments (HCAOG) invites your comments about taking the bus or dial-a-ride and unmet transit needs that may exist in Humboldt County.
444-8208 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
Board Game Night
The Scruffy Nerd Herder / 6-10 p.m. / Free
Come on down to The Scruffy Nerd Herder Wednesdays at 6pm for Board Game Night!
273-5274 / TheScruffynerdherder@gmail.com / Web site / View Comments
Cuban Salsa (Rueda de Casino)
Redwood Raks World Dance Studio / 7:15-8:15 p.m. / $7 / $40 6 week series
Salsa rueda is a circle of couples dancing changing partners to patterns called out in Spanish or shown with hand signals. Sponsored by Humboldt Folk Dancers.
822-2652 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
50th Anniversary of ‘Night of The Living Dead’
The Miniplex at Richards’ Goat Tavern / 7:30-9 p.m. / Free / $5 minimum purchase from the bar
630-5000 / email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
- A SIMPLE FAVOR: 12:45, 3:25, 6:05, 8:50
- ASSASSINATION NATION: 7:50
- CHRISTOPHER ROBIN: 12:10, 2:45
- CRAZY RICH ASIANS: 8:15
- FAHRENHEIT 11/9: 12:30, 3:30, 6:20, 9:15
- HELL FEST: 12:20, 2:40, 4:55, 7:20, 9:40
- HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALLS: 11:50, 12:50, 2:25, 3:20, 6:00, 8:40
- LIFE ITSELF: 5:10
- NIGHT SCHOOL: 1:30, 4:10, 5:20, 6:50, 8:10, 9:30
- NUN, THE: 1:15, 3:35, 6:10, 8:35
- PEPPERMINT: 6:30
- PREDATOR, THE: 1:55, 4:25, 6:55, 9:20
- SMALLFOOT 2D: 11:45, 12:40, 3:10, 5:35, 8:00
- SMALLFOOT 3D: 2:10
- WHITE BOY RICK: 3:50, 9:05
- YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN: 1:00, 5:30
Mill Creek Cinema
- A SIMPLE FAVOR: 3:30, 6:15, 9:05
- CRAZY RICH ASIANS: 6:05
- HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALLS: 3:40, 6:20, 8:55
- LIFE ITSELF: 3:20
- NIGHT SCHOOL: 4:00, 5:40, 6:40, 8:30, 9:20
- NUN, THE: 4:45, 7:10, 9:30
- PREDATOR, THE: 4:15, 6:50, 9:25
- SMALLFOOT 2D: 3:35, 6:00, 8:20
- SMALLFOOT 3D: 3:10
- WHITE BOY RICK: 9:00
- BLAZE: 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, 8:00
- FAHRENHEIT 11/9: 4:00, 7:00, 8:00, 8:30
- HAL: 6:00
- HAROLD AND MAUDE (1971): 8:30