(AUDIO) Topher Reynolds is Holding Up
Subscribe to Humboldt Holding Up on iTunes!
“Everyday I try to make something, I try to sell something, and I try to take a nice walk,” says Humboldt glass artist Topher Reynolds about his personal hustle approach. “That’s my goal everyday: to live a good life.”
The good life certainly seems within Topher’s daily grasp. As a leading force of a growing local glass blowing community and the founder of the Humboldt Marble Weekend — “one of the largest marble events on the planet,” according to him — Topher has found a way to avoid “a real job” while realizing that Humboldt artist dream, a global pandemic notwithstanding.
On this week’s edition of Humboldt Holding Up, LoCO’s good-enough podcast, hear Topher share about how he gravitated toward making marbles, the world of marble hunting, his mission to recruit glass artists to move to Humboldt, which U.S. city has the largest glass sex toy appetite and more. To listen, click the audio player above, or head on over to iTunes and also consider scrolling past episodes of Humboldt Holding Up below.
PREVIOUSLY ON HUMBOLDT HOLDING UP:
- Arcata Playhouse Director Jacqueline Dandeneau
- Humboldt Political Junkie Eric Kirk
- Rio Dell Mayor Debra Garnes
- Second District Supervisor Estelle Fennell
- Arcata Food Aficionado Jada Calypso Brotman
- Body Piercer Jackie Silva
- Dick Taylor Chocolate’s Adam Dick
- FUHS Teachers Mark Thom and Inma Thompson
- Eureka City Manager Miles Slattery
- Savage Henry Co-Founder Chris Durant
- Eureka Street Art Festival Organizer Jenna Catsos
- SCRAP Humboldt Founder Tibora Bea
- Gym Owner Tyler Parr
- Six Rivers Brewery Co-Owner Meredith Maier
- Multicultural Skincare Therapist Levia Love
- Annie’s Cambodian Server and Social Worker Joshua Coppock
- Eureka City Councilmember Austin Allison
- HSU Professor Deidre Pike
- Pastor Bethany Cseh
- Singer/Songwriter Chris Parreira
- Eureka City Councilmember Leslie Castellano
- Arcata City Councilmember Paul Pitino
Below: Video from this year’s Humboldt Marble Weekend.