Harrison was not brought down from jail for today’s hearing, but Public Defender Marek Reavis, standing in for Deputy Public Defender Brie Bennett, asked Judge Dale Reinholtsen for a preliminary hearing date in three or four weeks. Reinholtsen set the hearing for Aug. 22.
The 28-year-old Harrison faces two life terms in state prison if convicted of his current charges, first-degree murder and personally using a a firearm to kill someone. He allegedly shot 58-year-old Robert James Holtsclaw to death on Sept. 23, 2017, as Holtsclaw sat in a truck on Sixth Street in Alderpoint. Another man in the truck fled and called police.
After the shooting Harrison remained in the rural wooded area around Alderpoint, eluding a massive search effort by several law enforcement agencies. He narrowly escaped on two occasions, once when officers were arresting one of his friends.
Harrison ended up being caught in a Bayshore Mall parking lot in early June.
- Assault in Redway—Sheriff’s Dept. Releases Information
- SoHum Man Wanted for Homicide, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Sheriff’s Office Will Increase Presence in Rural SoHum As It Continues Its Hunt For Armed and Dangerous Murder Suspect
- Jet Skis Deployed as Sheriff’s Office Searches for ‘Possibly Naked’ Murder Suspect in Alderpoint
- Sheriff’s Office Gently Reminds Public That Anyone Assisting At-Large SoHum Murder Suspect is Subject to Arrest
- Three Arrested During Investigation Into Fleeing SoHum Murder Suspect Zachary Harrison
- Hunt for SoHum Homicide Suspect Continues; Deputies Arrest One, Pursue Another During Search
- Fleeing SoHum Murder Suspect Eludes Capture Yet Again; Associate Taken Into Custody
- Three More ‘Known Associates’ of SoHum Murder Suspect Zach Harrsion Arrested Last Night
- After 8 Months on the Run, SoHum Murder Suspect Zachary Harrison Arrested in Eureka Today
- SoHum Murder Suspect Zach Harrison Appears in Court, Faces Two Life Terms
- SoHum Murder Suspect Zach Harrison Pleads Not Guilty