Hank Sims / Thursday, Aug. 17, 2017 @ 7:52 a.m. / Infrastructure
(UPDATE: BACK) Humboldt Awakes to Another Mass AT&T Internet Outage for the Second Time This Month
UPDATE, 1:33 p.m.: Official word from AT&T:
Service has been restored for customers in the Humboldt area whose wireline service was affected earlier today.
UPDATE, 1:20 p.m.: No official word from AT&T yet, but it looks as though service was restored about an hour ago.
UPDATE, 9:18 a.m.:
An AT&T spokesperson sent along the following message, for what it’s worth:
Some customers in the Humboldt area may be experiencing issues with their wireline service as we work to repair a cable in the area. Technicians are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
# # #
Just like it did 13 days ago, the Outpost has arisen to a flood of reports informing us that their AT&T service is a no-go.
Says one Humboldter, precise location unspecified:
Att is out…again.
Says a Fickle Hillian:
Hey, AT&T confirms that there is a network outage in our area. Certainly, we have no service up here on Fickle Hill. They aren’t saying why, where, or for how long the outage will be.
Once again, the usual diagnostic checks come back positive for a big outage. The most public of these: College of the Redwoods’ website is down. Our internal tools tell us that the outage hit in the middle of the night, at around 12:30 a.m. Other local ISPs that rely on AT&T’s fiber-optic line to the Bay Area — Frontier, Verizon — are also affected.
All signs point to yet another snap of that fiber optic line, since other local ISPs that also rent space on the east-west fiber optic line are doing just fine. AT&T and its subcontractors do not rent space on that line.
Roll call! Where are you and how are your communications services this morning?
- Your AT&T U-Verse Service May Be Down; Here is Why
- (UPDATE: BACK!) Internet-O-Pocalypse! AT&T, Frontier, Possibly Other Services Busted Around Humboldt County
- THE INTERNET IS DOWN!!! Massive AT&T Outage Takes Humboldt County Phones, Internet, Etc. Offline
- The Internet is Up! Cable Slasher to Blame for Yesterday’s Outage, Says AT&T
- AT&T Offers $10,000 Bounty for Any Information Leading to the Arrest and Conviction of the Fiber Line Vandals
- Beyond Redundancy: Why Last Month’s AT&T Outage Sucked So Bad
- (UPDATE) COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN: AT&T Internet/Phone Service Outages Reported in Humboldt
- Still Steamed About the Latest AT&T Blackout? The County of Humboldt Wants to Hear It
- AT&T Says: Yes, Our New North Coast ‘Network Upgrade’ Will Include Emergency Access to East-West Fiber
- Gah! AT&T Internet Services Less Than Operational for You, Humboldt? Outage Roll Call!
- AT&T: You Lost Internet Because the Fiber Broke Again. We Fixed It. Sorry.
- Citizens Reporting Widespread AT&T Internet Outages Around the County
- AT&T Releases Statement Confirming Leggett-Area Wildfire as Cause of Internet Outage
- People are Reporting AT&T Internet Outages Around Humboldt County
- With AT&T Techs Out On Strike Statewide, Local Customers Narrowly Avoid Yet Another Big Fiber Optic Cable Outage
- (UPDATE) IT’S NOT JUST YOU: Widespread AT&T, Frontier Internet Outage Hits Humboldt County