Humboldt State University press release:
Duncan Robins, who has been HSU’s Interim Athletic Director for the last two years, will conclude his service in the position at the end of June.
Robins led Intercollegiate Athletics through a difficult period that included budget reductions and program changes. He has been instrumental in efforts to enhance support for intramural and club sports, as well as the Marching Lumberjacks, by incorporating them into the Athletics program. He has also maintained a clear focus on academic and other support for student-athletes.
“Duncan has always focused on doing what is best for the students and for HSU, and I am extremely grateful for his efforts,” said HSU President Lisa Rossbacher. “He stepped into the interim position at a challenging time, and I appreciate the experience, resourcefulness, and student-focus he brought to the role.”
A search process to fill the Athletics Director position on a permanent basis recently concluded without the position being filled. Information about plans for leadership within Athletics is expected to be shared in early July.
- OP-ED: Lumberjack Football Has Potential to be the Best Show in Town, and Humboldt Doesn’t Deserve It
- HSU Community Members and Alumni Plan to Raise $500,000 a Year for Next 5 Years to Save HSU Sports
- In Desperate Attempt to Save Lumberjack Football, HSU Will Now Charge Viewers to Live Stream Games Online
- NFL Lineman and Former HSU Lumberjack Taylor Boggs Writes Letter to University Athletic Director Amid Turbulent Football Season
- Lumberjack Football’s Final Regular-Season Home Game to Stream Live on ESPN3
- President Rossbacher to Announce Decision on HSU Football’s Future During News Conference on Tuesday
- (UPDATE) FOOTBALL SAVED! President Lisa Rossbacher Announces to a Large Crowd at Redwood Bowl That There Will Be Football Next Fall
- HSU’s Head Football Coach Announces Plan to Resign; University Expects Him to Stay
- Last Day on the Job: Rob Smith Resigns as HSU’s Head Football Coach
- (UPDATE) HSU’s New Interim Football Coach is First African-American Head Coach in School History
- HSU Boosters Question Interim Athletic Director’s Judgement, Ask That He Be Replaced
- Time for HSU Fans to Let Their Voices Be Heard
- Lumberjacks Offer Federal Employees Free Tickets
- HSU Open Forum Set for Monday
- Robins Not Included Among Four Candidates for Full-Time AD Position
- HSU Ends Search for New Athletics Director Without Hiring Anyone