Tuesday Lowdown: Choose One: Giggle or Headbang
I don’t know how y’all find time to go out. I mean, you work a full day and then you still have to go home and review hours of congressional hearing tape to make sure America is still functioning correctly. (SPOILER: Nope!)
OK, OK. Let’s say you are ultra efficient and you still want to engage with Humboldt on this particular Tuesday. Lessee. It would appear that Savage Henry has found the energy to once again herd non-feuding comedians to The Jam — tonight’s show is headlined by SF-based comedian Keith D who you can sample in the YouTube clip below on the left. Or, maybe, you’d rather mosh than yuk? Well, The Siren’s Song Tavern will provide Eureka’s Second Street with a metal soundtrack courtesy of a hat trick of shredding ensembles — scope how headliners Horde of Drauger sounded in the corner of a Colorado brewery once upon a time in the YouTube clip below at left.
Details on all of Tuesday’s distractions in your Lowdown listings below. But remember: Gorsuch homework first. —Andrew Goff
Horde of Draugar, Drowning in the Platte, D.I.P.
The Siren’s Song Tavern / 7 p.m.-midnight / $5
Creepy Crawler presents a night of Old Town death metal.
442-8778 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
Humboldt Folklife Festival Call for Musicians
See Event Description / midnight
If you would like to perform during this year’s Humboldt Folklife Festival, July 8th-15th, please submit a description of your music and full songs representative of your current work!
email@example.com / View Comments
Dog Day Afternoon
Mad River Brewery Tasting Room / 11:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m. / Free
Bring your furry friend out for lunch in our beer garden! Feral jazz with Dogbone.
668-4151 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Web site / View Comments
I Am Not Your Negro
The Miniplex at Richards’ Goat Tavern / 5:30 p.m. / $8 / $6.50 Matinee
This 2017 Oscar nominee for Best Documentary envisions the book James Baldwin never finished - a radical narration about race in America, using the writer’s original words.
630-5000 / Web site / View Comments
Board Leadership Roundtable
Eel River Valley Multigenerational Center / 5:30-7 p.m. / $10 / $15 Not-Yet-Members
“The Board’s Role in Navigating Difficult Financial Positions”
442-2993 / Norcan@hafoundation.org / Web site / View Comments
Karaoke w/ Chris Clay
Cher-Ae Heights Casino / 8 p.m.
Your Lowdown will go on the record as saying that Chris Clay is Humboldt’s most pro karaoke jockey. We know this stuff.
800-684-2464 / Web site / View Comments
Burgundy Blues Dance Night
Arcata Core Pilates Studio / 8-10:30 p.m. / $5
Welcome to Burgundy Blues! We have blues social dancing every week as well as classes taught on the first, third, and fifth Tuesday of every month.
email@example.com / Web site / View Comments
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 2D: 11:45, 1:10, 2:45, 4:15, 5:45, 7:20, 8:45
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 3D: 12:20, 3:20, 6:20, 9:20
- GET OUT: 1:45, 4:20, 6:55, 9:30
- JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2: 4:00, 9:05
- KONG: SKULL ISLAND 2D: 12:55, 2:40, 3:45, 6:35, 8:20, 9:25
- KONG: SKULL ISLAND 3D: 11:50, 5:30
- LOGAN: 11:55, 1:30, 3:00, 4:40, 6:10, 7:50, 9:15
- MOONLIGHT: 3:50, 6:25, 9:00
- TABLE 19: 1:40, 6:50
- THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE 2D: 12:10, 1:15, 2:55, 5:25, 8:00
- THE SHACK: 11:45, 2:50, 5:50, 8:50
Mill Creek Cinema
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 2D: 2:45, 5:45, 6:25, 8:45
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 3D: 3:30, 9:20
- GET OUT: 4:10, 6:50, 9:30
- KONG: SKULL ISLAND 2D: 2:40, 3:40, 5:30, 8:20, 9:15
- KONG: SKULL ISLAND 3D: 6:30
- LA LA LAND: 2:55, 5:55, 8:55
- LOGAN: 3:00, 6:05, 9:05
- THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE 2D: 3:05, 5:40, 8:10
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: 1:30, 5:00, 8:15
- GET OUT: 1:00, 4:00, 9:45
- LOGAN: 2:15, 5:45, 9:00
- THE WIND RISES: 6:45