Video by Entertainment Weekly.
Celebrity chef and Ferndale local Guy Fieri proved once again that he’s a good dude despite his reputation for being a media punching bag.
Entertainment Weekly reports that Fieri gave 14-year-old cooking phenom, cancer survivor and Fieri fan Fuller Goldsmith a surprise visit during the Stagecoach Music Festival in Palm Springs last month.
Despite surviving three separate bouts with cancer since he was 3 years old, Entertainment Weekly reports that Goldsmith has gone on to become a Chopped Junior champion, selflessly donating his $10,000 winnings to the Birmingham’s Children’s of Alabama hospital to help other pediatric patients.
“What you’ve already accomplished in life is amazing,” Fieri told his new friend during their meeting as seen in the video above. “The example you’re setting for other kids is amazing.”
The Entertainment Weekly video ends with Goldsmith teaming up with Fieri to make a burrito for celebrity celebrity Ashton Kutcher.
Goldsmith dreams to one day attend the Culinary Institute of America in New York City.
Comedian Shane Torres defends Guy Fieri on Conan.
- Hometown Hero Guy Fieri Accused of Sexism, Homophobia, General Douchebaggery
- Expensive Public Relations Firm Clears Guy Fieri of Wrongdoing
- Big Balls and Beefheart: The Guy Fieri Update
- LoCO’s Big, Dumb Guy Fieri Watch, DAY 6
- Flavors of Humboldt to Be Virtually Tasted Nationwide: Local Family Bakery Featured on Guy Fieri’s Cooking Show
- Chromeo Loves Guy Fieri. Does Guy Fieri Love Chromeo?
- Remain Calm … But Guy Fieri is Shopping at Eureka’s Costco Today (PHOTO)
- What Humboldt Clicked: July 2014
- Fieri Fanatic on Nationwide Pilgrimage Flies to Humboldt, Eats at Guy’s Favorite Restaurants
- HI, GUY!: Humboldt’s Favorite Frosty-Tipped Native Son Rolls Into Town, Hikes, Buys a Shirt
- Guy Fieri Thanks Former Ferndale Elementary Teacher in CA Lotto Commercial, Wraps Shoot With a Frosty Surprise
- HE WALKS AMONG US
- (VIDEO) Superstar Chef Guy Fieri Once Again Returns to Humboldt to Host the Fair’s Surf ‘N’ Turf BBQ Contest
- Celebrity Chef and Humboldt Native Guy Fieri Brings Flavortown to Victims of Sonoma County Fires
- Guy Fieri’s Poorly Received Times Square Mega-Restaurant Closed Its Doors on New Year’s Day