Bell’s last fight in Honolulu, Hawaii. | Bellator
Seven months after winning his fifth professional MMA fight, Cass Bell is headed to the Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville, Connecticut to defend his perfect 5-0 record against the 12-1 Raufeon Stots at Bellator 242.
The unattended event will be Bellator’s first since the fight promotion company shut down four months ago due to the then-budding coronavirus pandemic.
Bell’s opponent Raufeon Stots.
The two fighters are also equal in size. Bell and Stots both weigh 135 pounds and Bell stands one inch taller than his opponent.
Although Bell’s fight will once again be held on the undercard of the main event, he told the Outpost from his plane to Connecticut this afternoon that he’s receiving main card level pay for the first time in his career.
To maintain safety, Bell said that all event participants are undergoing a rigorous series of tests this week.
“We had to get Covid-19 tested two days ago,” he said. “And [we have to get tested] again when we show up, and then again on Tuesday, and everyday after that, and [again] when we come home.”
Due to the pandemic, Bell was also unable to bring his wife and children to his fight for the first time in his pro career. However, the free event will be live broadcast on the Bellator MMA YouTube channel for everyone back home to see.
“It definitely sucks not having them there but I totally understand,” he said. “We have to keep everyone safe and they will be watching, so I will definitely be waving to them and everyone else from Humboldt County.”
The event begins at 5 p.m. on Friday, with an anticipated fight time of 5:45 p.m. for Bell’s bout.
- Local Fighter Wins Amateur Title in Big Vegas Bout, Dreams of Going Pro
- Local MMA Fighter Cass Bell Turns Pro; First Big League Fight Scheduled for Next Month
- (VIDEO) Arcata Mixed Martial Artist Cass Bell Set to Fight in First Pro Bout Tonight at Bellator 199
- Cass Bell Wins First Pro Fight, Submits Opponent With Guillotine Choke Hold at Bellator 199
- Local MMA Fighter Cass Bell Accepts Second Pro Bout, Will Appear on Bellator’s Most Anticipated Card of the Year
- ROUND TWO! Cass Bell One Day Away From Second Pro MMA Fight
- (VIDEO) Cass Bell Predicts Win, Defeats Opponent With Second-Round Armbar
- 2018 in Sports — Some More of the Best Moments of the Year
- 2018 IN SPORTS — The Top Local Stories of the Year
- Arcata’s Cass Bell Signs On for Third Pro MMA Fight
- Miller Makes His Mark at West Coast Elite III
- Cosce Dominates on Good Night for Local MMA Fighters
- Bell Opponent Named for April Bellator Showdown
- Bell Ready and Relaxed Ahead of Bellator Showdown
- BREAKING — Another Successful Bellator for Arcata’s Bell
- Bell Signs Multi-Fight Contract With Bellator
- THIS WEEKEND: Alex Cappa Gets First NFL Start in Bucs Opener Against 49ers; Two Local MMA Fighters Appear on Same Pro Card