Though most of our alcohol consumption happens at home these days, it turns out that people do still drink during a pandemic (who knew?) and Alchemy Distillery — producer of Boldt whiskey, bourbon and gin — has been as busy as ever distributing its products to help make pandemic life a little more bearable. It also turns out that during a pandemic alcohol serves an even greater purpose than getting us sauced! Which is why earlier this year Alchemy temporarily shifted all its efforts to producing thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer to donate to local medical staff and other essential workers.
On this week’s episode of Humboldt Holding Up, co-owner of Alchemy Distiller Amy Bohner shares the story of how the business stepped up when sanitizer was in low supply and what else Alchemy has been up to during COVID.
Other topics discussed with Bohner include:
- Genever style gin? What’s that?
- The other family business, Alchemy Construction
- What’s the story with this whiskey made out of bagels?
- Bohner’s latest crazy whiskey project
- Her great relationship with husband and business partner Steve and how his beard brought them together
So pour yourself a glass of your favorite spirit, and click the audio player above to hear Bohner’s chat with LoCO’s Andrew Goff and Stephanie McGeary and/ or scroll through past guests below. Please listen responsibly.
- Eureka City Councilmember Kati Moulton
- Eureka City Councilmember Scott Bauer
- Ungraceful Ager Barry Evans
- Arcata City Councilmember Sofia Pereira
- HumBrews Music Booker Laurel Weston
- Eureka City Councilmember Kim Bergel
- Film Commission’s Cassandra Hesseltine and Nate Adams
- Marble Maker Topher Reynolds
- Arcata Playhouse Director Jacqueline Dandeneau
- Humboldt Political Junkie Eric Kirk
- Rio Dell Mayor Debra Garnes
- Second District Supervisor Estelle Fennell
- Arcata Food Aficionado Jada Calypso Brotman
- Body Piercer Jackie Silva
- Dick Taylor Chocolate’s Adam Dick
- FUHS Teachers Mark Thom and Inma Thompson
- Eureka City Manager Miles Slattery
- Savage Henry Co-Founder Chris Durant
- Eureka Street Art Festival Organizer Jenna Catsos
- SCRAP Humboldt Founder Tibora Bea
- Gym Owner Tyler Parr
- Six Rivers Brewery Co-Owner Meredith Maier
- Multicultural Skincare Therapist Levia Love
- Annie’s Cambodian Server and Social Worker Joshua Coppock
- Eureka City Councilmember Austin Allison
- HSU Professor Deidre Pike
- Pastor Bethany Cseh
- Singer/Songwriter Chris Parreira
- Eureka City Councilmember Leslie Castellano
- Arcata City Councilmember Paul Pitino