Rhonda Parker / Tuesday, May 30, 2017 @ 12:59 p.m. / Courts
Once Suspected in Manila Murder Plot, Hector Godoy-Standley Instead Referred to Facility Serving the Developmentally Disabled
One of five suspects in a Dec. 12 murder near Manila has been referred to a local facility that serves developmentally disabled people.
morning Judge Christopher Wilson referred Hector Godoy-Standley, 21,
to the Redwood Coast Regional Center. Criminal proceedings against
Godoy-Standley have been suspended while he is being evaluated and
of today he remained in Humboldt County Correctional Facility, along
with four co-defendants charged with murdering Tyson Eduardo Claros
during a carjacking on state Highway 255.
20, allegedly was shot to death by Brandon James Mitchell, who
believed Claros had molested his 3-year-old daughter. No charges had
been filed against Claros. The little girl’s mother, 19-year-old
Catherine Lynn Suzanne Fode, also is charged with murder, as are
19-year-old Tamara Nicole Thomson and her boyfriend Cesar Octavio
Fode, Thomson and Valenzuela are scheduled for a jury trial.
was Fode’s boyfriend at the time of the killing and is suspected of
driving the car involved in the alleged carjacking. Fode, Mitchell
and Valenzuela were reportedly riding with Godoy-Standley, while
Thomson was in the backseat of the car Claros was riding in.
to court testimony, Claros’ friend pulled her car over and Thomson
pulled a gun and threatened to use it. Then Godoy-Standley’s car
pulled up behind. Claros was shot multiple times shortly afterward.
All defendants except Fode are charged with being armed with handguns. Only Mitchell, 21, is accused of discharging a firearm.
- 20-Year-Old Shot Dead in Manila Early This Morning; Victim Found Lying in the Middle of Highway 255
- This Morning’s Manila Homicide Victim ID’d by Sheriff’s Office
- Two Arrested in Eureka in Connection with Yesterday’s Manila Homicide
- Manila Murder Suspects Each Plead Not Guilty in Court Today
- Sheriff’s Deputies Arrest Third Person in Connection With Monday Homicide in Manila
- BOLO: Two More People Wanted by Sheriff’s Office in Connection with Manila Homicide
- Another Two Manila Homicide Suspects Taken Into Custody Last Night
- More Details Emerge in Manila Murder Conspiracy as Three Suspects Appear in Court
- INVESTIGATORS: Manila Murder Conspiracy Driven By Belief That Victim Had Sexually Abused Suspects’ Daughter
- Manila Five Appear in Court This Morning, Their Faces Ranging From Jolly to Somber as Preliminary Hearings Postponed
- Manila Five in Court: Two Confessed to Plot, Three Have Not — Should Their Cases Be Merged?
- ‘Manila Five’ Murder Plot Suspects Will Stand Trial Together; Hearing Scheduled for Next Month
- Surprise in ‘Manila Five’ Murder Plot Trial; Eyewitness Identifies Shooter, and It’s Not the Man Charged With the Crime
- ‘They Set Him Up to Be Killed’: Sheriff’s Investigator Relays Testimony of Jailhouse Informant in Manila Murder Case
- All Five Manila Killing Suspects to Stand Trial for Murder, Carjacking, Judge Rules Today
- Parents of Manila Homicide Victim Discuss the Unproven Molestation Claims that Motivated their Son’s Alleged Killers
- ‘Manila Five’ Murder Trial Scheduled for May; More Charges Added to One Suspect’s Case This Morning
- One of ‘Manila Five’ Murder Plot Suspects Deemed Mentally Incompetent, Will Not Stand Trial